Why won't FF print cards

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Decker1613

Decker1613

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

So why is it that FF puts out some amazing games but they won't keep them going. For example, I am starting to get into LOTR and would love to start from the begging but I can't get the first set of cards, for 20 bucks. I found them on line for 80 bucks. Why won't you guys support the game? Why should a new player pick up the core set and then be told they have to start from the latest set to get into it? I find this not only happens with LOTR but all of the LCG's that FF puts out. Why is it this way, I love playing these games, the reason being is because they are not like Magic the Gathering where you do have to spend 1000's of bucks to make a deck. I came to these games just because of that and that is how I sell it to my friends. Buy the LCG's it is way better then MTG do to the fact you don't need 500 bucks to have a good deck and with a LCG everyone is on a equal playing field. That is what I tell people when getting into it. But now I and others are seeing that FF is going the way of MTG. Don't print and let the cards be so freaking expensive and then those that own those cards will rule the playing fields. Please FF keep up with the game, I would love to get the Mirkwood set with out having to give up my first born to do so. I also would love to see the other LCG's up to date to. I know it is more then likely a buisness decision to do this, and if this is so then let people know when they buy the core set that you are now entering a game where you are so behind the curve you will never be able to catch up because we will not make those sets anymore. I hope this is not true and I hope it's because of how much it cost to get these things out. I know also that more then likely there is going to be some people that will repost on this and say owell your loss. But I ask you to get into my shoes for a moment and see if it would upset you when you just spent 40 bucks on a game that you can't get the expansion for and you really love the game, is that fare? My rant, and I hope that FF will see this and I hope that they can figure a way to reprint those cards, because I really would love to have them so I can experiance that story. Any way that is my rant, and I say to all of you, Keep the smile on. :)

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Mirkwood packs are already scheduled for reprinting as per the Upcoming page at the top of the site. 

#3 wrrlykam

wrrlykam

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

Tried the likes of Amazon? Half your stated price. Sounds like the seller you saw was a rip off merchant.

#4 RafiBomb

RafiBomb

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

Coolstuffinc just restocked the earliest adventure packs for lotr :

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1138

#5 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

No pack for any LCG has ever gone permanently out of print.  They may be unavailable for a while between printings, but they have always been re-released.

#6 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

Unless you're looking specifically for the non-3x variety of Noun Packs for LCGs that have been around for a while. Though I can't imagine why that would be...  :lol:

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS