My Andromeda deck for review

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

Here is the current version of my Andromeda deck. Feedback is appreciated.

ANDROMEDA

3 Kati Jones

3 Compromised Employee

2 HQ Interface

2 E3 Feedback Implants

2 Sneakdoor Beta

2 Crypsis

2 Darwin

2 Data Sucker

2 Surge

2 Demolition Run

3 Special Order

3 Inside Job

3 Infiltration

3 Account Siphon

3 Easy Mark

2 Networking

3 Forged Activation Orders

3 Sure Gamble

3 Mr Li

#2 DeckBuilder

DeckBuilder

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

It would help if you wrote a few lines explaining your strategy and deck choices. Instead of a randomly ordered list, asking people to spend time making sense of it.

I don't think the AI-breaker only strategy is right for Criminal, more suited for Shaper or Anarch. Also, if you are playing Sneakdoor HQ Interface, you might as well be playing Gabriel. I also have misgivings about economy and certain card choices (HQ Interface, Sneakdoor, Mr Li, they are all pretty expensive).

However the main trick I feel you missed is The Personal Touch on your Darwin. You already have Datasuckers and Surge as well as E3. Also I far prefer Crash Space to Networking for removing Siphon tags and providing an extra (click+2 credits) buffer against Scorched Earth.

The list below is an attempt at "tweaking" your build, keeping changes to a minimum.

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (45 cards)

15/15 influence: •••••••••••••••

Event (21)

·         3 Account Siphon 

·         3 Easy Mark 

·         3 Forged Activation Orders 

·         3 Inside Job 

·         3 Special Order 

·         3 Sure Gamble 

·         3 Surge •••

Hardware (7)

·         3 Desperado 

·         2 E3 Feedback Implants 

·         3 The Personal Touch ••••• •

Resource (10)

·         3 Compromised Employee 

·         3 Crash Space 

·         3 Kati Jones 

Icebreaker (4)

·         3 Crypsis 

·         1 Darwin •••

Program (3)

·         3 Datasucker •••

However, I feel Andromeda is the wrong idenitity for this concept. You should try it in Anarch or with Kate.

#3 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

I apologize for lack of explanation. I posted the list in a hurry.

My idea is to use Andy's larger hand size to get set up quickly and start running like crazy on turn 2. This is the most recent version of the deck that I have one game in with and I won that game. I played Gabe from the games release all the way through my local Regional in April.

Sneak Door is one of the cards I would gladly consider dropping, I put it in there because it seems in my local meta, archives is usually not iced for the first few turns at least.

The most pressing problem I've found with Andromeda is that she doesn't seem to be in it for the long haul. She wants a quick win. I've had games where I have a TON of credits in the first few turns, but then as the game wears on I am low on money and relying on Kati to build up a few turns to get more.

#4 Brigaldio

Brigaldio

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

If your idea is to get up and running quickly, I would ditch Darwin and swap in some number of Modded - that empties your hand of two cards with one action while decreasing your setup cost - exactly what you want first turn.

Sneakdoor is one of the better cards you can be running as a criminal, whether you're Andromeda or Gabe.  If you can threaten weakly-defended remote servers with a combination of Inside Job and Crypsis for long enough, the agendas will build up in your opponent's hand and you can use Sneakdoor to snag points.  Sneakdoor also combos well with Emergency Shutdown when your opponent thinks that they've safely protected a remote with something big, like a Tollbooth.

I might take out some of the Anarch influence cards in favor of a R&D interface (card is a beating) to make your runs more effective overall.  Xanadu can be very effective as well.

Now blogging Netrunner, Warmachine, Malifaux, Dust: Warfare, and anything else that catches my interest at Dice Minus Seven.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS