More Doom Expansions and Arkham Horror Big Box

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 samoan

samoan

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

I would love to see another doom expansion. Also would be great if they released the Arkham Horror Big Box Expansion which is just a Big box and maybe a few new cards or components, that has room for all the components for Arkham horror and its expansions. Sort of like what Days of Wonder did with Memoir 44.

#2 flervk

flervk

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

samoan said:

I would love to see another doom expansion. Also would be great if they released the Arkham Horror Big Box Expansion which is just a Big box and maybe a few new cards or components, that has room for all the components for Arkham horror and its expansions. Sort of like what Days of Wonder did with Memoir 44.

I agree with Arkham idea, that would be great - but, only for new players that don't have all expansions yet.

#3 samoan

samoan

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

Ya but imagine if they just sold a box for non-new players, so we can put all of those in one box and a big box for new players.

#4 flervk

flervk

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:30 AM

samoan said:

Ya but imagine if they just sold a box for non-new players, so we can put all of those in one box and a big box for new players.

yeah, that idea was already discussed, and people agreed that just a box/case/whatever would be excellent.

now, if only someone would take that into account .. ;)

#5 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

Honestly, if they released a Big Box Arkham (which I think is an amazing idea), I'd be hard pressed not to buy a copy, especially if it stored all the components in the box in some way. And I'd also like it if they marked the monster tokens with a set symbol.

#6 Gallagen

Gallagen

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

Both would be great.... :)

#7 CellarDoor

CellarDoor

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:41 AM

I agree with the OP. Descent is good but DOOM needs some love. 

#8 OldUrmel

OldUrmel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

An Arkham Big Box would be lovely !! I definetly would grab myself a copy ...

#9 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

As far as the Arkham thing goes, well that depends on the price and what you get. If it were $40 for a large box and some new cards, well I dunno. I've done okay organizing the whole monstrous thing and would be hard pressed to spend that much. If the big box included the base game (making it at least $60), then I would not buy it at all. If it were around the $20 to $30 mark then I'd think about it.

I think Doom is pretty much done for the official stuff. Its a shame they don't have a post it yourself scenario section for that like they do for Descent, but the latter is probably much more popular. FFG is working on Gears of War now, so that will probably be their sci-fi skirmish game.

As a little bit of an aside, I saw on boardgamegeek.com that someone had posted some Alien and Predator stats for the game using the old Heroclix figures. Maybe that will help a little.

#10 OldUrmel

OldUrmel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:28 AM

Are you for real ?! A Gears of War game ? Now that sounds interesting. Hopefully it won´t just become a DOOM-clone ...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS