"Easy Mode Down the Anduin: A Contradiction?"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

So, I was reading the most recent LOTR LCG News and it states that "For example, Journey Down the Anduin still requires the players to defeat an angry Hill Troll (Core Set, 82), even in Easy Mode – only now, the encounter deck includes just one copy of Hill Troll, and there’s no possibility of drawing a second one on turn one. In the actual Easy mode FAQ, it only states that we should remove three cards for easy mode, 2x Gladden fields and 1x Massing at Night. So, are we supposed to also remove a copy of Hill Troll? Which is it? Help!

#2 jjeagle

jjeagle

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

The cards to remove are listed by Encounter set, rather than by deck.

You remove 1xMassing at Night and 2xGladden Fields from the Journey Down the Anduin SET.

But, as listed, you also remove 1xHill Troll (and 1xMarsh Adder + 2xDespair) from the Wilderlands encounter set, which is used for the Anduin QUEST.

So there's no problem!

"I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself."

#3 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Oh! Now I get it! Thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS