I need PC/NPC Star Wars tokens!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sanguinous Rex

Sanguinous Rex

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

I saw a question like this a while ago and someone had created 2 tokens for the 2 new characters (which I need) but the link didn't go anywhere.  I was wondering if anyone else knew where I can get character tokens for these 2 characters and possibly other star wars aliens, etc.

• Cazador1908 likes this

#2 Lickintoad

Lickintoad

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

If you want to do a bit of arts & crafts, you can make tokens of your own pretty easily.

Browse the Matrix web for some good Star Wars art that you like.  Then, load up an image editing suite or desktop publishing program and make a standard 8.5x11" project, arranging the images into a grid.  You can make circles if you want, but squares are easier and work just fine.  make the squares multiples of 1", and you'll have tokens that can be used on standard grids in case you have the maps or galaxy tiles from WotC.

Print out the sheet, then glue it to some posterboard.  I like to use the spray adhesive.  You just have to make sure to get good coverage without getting too much on.  Then, put the sheet on the posterboard and smooth it out so there are no air bubbles.  Then, take a ruler and hobby knife to the thing, cutting out your tokens.

They're not going to be as hardy as FFG's tokens, of course.  But they are quite usable, and you can customize them with art from your players, if any are so inclined.

That's about all I can suggest for tokens.  I'm sure FFG will be happy to supply tokens as the game ages.  FFG loves them some tokens.

#3 Mark It Zero

Mark It Zero

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Lickintoad said:

If you want to do a bit of arts & crafts, you can make tokens of your own pretty easily.

Browse the Matrix web for some good Star Wars art that you like.  Then, load up an image editing suite or desktop publishing program and make a standard 8.5x11" project, arranging the images into a grid.  You can make circles if you want, but squares are easier and work just fine.  make the squares multiples of 1", and you'll have tokens that can be used on standard grids in case you have the maps or galaxy tiles from WotC.

Print out the sheet, then glue it to some posterboard.  I like to use the spray adhesive.  You just have to make sure to get good coverage without getting too much on.  Then, put the sheet on the posterboard and smooth it out so there are no air bubbles.  Then, take a ruler and hobby knife to the thing, cutting out your tokens.

They're not going to be as hardy as FFG's tokens, of course.  But they are quite usable, and you can customize them with art from your players, if any are so inclined.

That's about all I can suggest for tokens.  I'm sure FFG will be happy to supply tokens as the game ages.  FFG loves them some tokens.

If you want something heavier get 1 inch wooden rods from a craft store and cut them down into discs, assuming you are comfortable with safe use of power tools. :) Spray paint them different colors too, if you want a way to keep track of seperate groups of minions.

"Over the line!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS