• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CroOrc

CroOrc

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

Am I playing this right?

For example… I play 2 dark knights, 2 battle cry cards and 2 reanimates.

I count it like this:

2x Dark knight = 6 strength

2x Reanimate = 2 strength

2x Battle Cry = 4 units * 2x Battle Cry abilitiy = 8 strength

2x Dark Knight ability = 3 units (not including that dark knight) * 2x dark knight ability = 6 strength

SUM TOTAL: 22 strength

If this is true… I think Unded are OP…

Please quick answer… Unded is pwning us :)

#2 CroOrc

CroOrc

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

To simplify my question…

Is it possible to gain double effects from battle cry or resolution abilities like dark knight's?

Or you can get only one effect per card?

2 battle cry and 1 reanimate = 3 or 2?

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

I belive your calculations in the first post are correct. If you have 2 copies of Battle Cry and you play both of them, you get the bonus from each. Dark Knights also each get their own bonus. But how likely is it to draw a hand like that? First off, Dark Knights cost 5, and in my experience those don't get purchased too often. Second, he had to draw a hand of 2x Dark Knight, 2x Battle Cry, and 1x Reanimate, plus he needs a Reanimate in his discarad pile. Also, he probably has a few gold haning around that he used to buy the Dark Knight.

One trick against Waiqar the Undying is to wait until that player has to reshuffle and then attack when his discard pile is empty. It doesn't always work, but it might give you a leg up. Also, it works best if everyone teams up against him, which isn't too fun for the Waiqar the Undying player.

I wouldn't say this faction is overpowered. In my group, the Daqan Lords always seem to get the upper hand.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 CroOrc

CroOrc

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Thank you for this clarification :)

2x battle cry + pikemans work great too then. 

Page 2 of FAQ was confusing for me…

Q: Are the “Naga” and “Demon” only able to trigger 
their effects once due to the “once per card per 
round” rule of abilities?
A: No. The “once per card per round” rule only applies to 
abilities with the When Played, Resolution, End of 
Combat and Action keywords

That sounded like you can use battle cry (and cards like it) once per fight… Thats why I thought combo isn't possible

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS