Dedicated pieces for House Arryn?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Geldris

Geldris

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

So I'm pretty excited for the new Feast for Crows POD, ordered it as soon it was available.  There's only one thing that really bugs me about it, and that's House Arryn using Tyrell pieces.  I'm not thrilled at the idea of the rose representing Arryn, or of Green pieces running around the board while all the cards are blue, and I'm pretty dissapointed FFG didn't include such pieces in the expansion.

Here's my question:  Does anyone think it would be possible for me to/know how I could go about having a custom set of pieces made for House Arryn?  I'm a pretty bad painter so I wouldn't want to do it myself, and I wouldn't want them to be solid blue or anything similarly conspicuous.  If this isn't possible I guess I'll just grin and bear it and enjoy a (hopefully) great expansion, but in an ideal world I'd have blue marbled plastic pieces akin to those the other houses have and printed cardboard tokens for orders/supply/victory/influence tracks. 

If anyone has any pointers of where I could have something like this made/how I could do it myself I would greatly apreciate it.

• Unbeliever likes this

#2 Geldris

Geldris

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

Alternately, if I were to start some kind of petition to show FFG there was a big enough fanbase to market such a product, how many people would be willing to sign it?  Ideally it would include the following Arryn components:

Footmen
Knights
Ships
Siege Engines
Power Tokens (+1 to Mark the Eyrie as Arryn)
Victory marker
supply barrel
influence track icons
player screen
Eyrie home area defense marker

If enough people were interested in buying such a product I don't see why FFG wouldn't make a collectors' item out of it like the arkham horror minatures, right?

• Monsterberger and Greenben like this

#3 CT_Rob

CT_Rob

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

I would definitely buy those components.  As it is I am going to try to make them but I am not yet sure how.

#4 Geldris

Geldris

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Let me know what you come up with.

#5 DarthJalapeno

DarthJalapeno

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Aye some blue pieces would be appriciated. Through FFG store or in a non-POD expansion in the future.

#6 Geldris

Geldris

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

I got in touch with FFG, and they said they have no announcements regarding this at the time, and are unable to accept custom orders of blue pieces.  Sadly I haven't found the fan support I was hoping there woould be for such an expansion, so as of the moment I really doubt we'll ever see dedicated House Arryn pieces, which is a tragedy.

I'm frankly surprised so few people who read this topic expressed interest, I would have imagined this would be right up everyone's alley.

#7 Neo1818

Neo1818

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Well this "extension" is not hugely popular, so this explains that.

But as you can see here : http://boardgamegeek...nits-and-tokens

A lot of people are on your side, and that is what should be showned to FFG.

In my opinion, I think FFG should sell a Premium Pieces Pack with all new pieces from all houses ( including Aryn, and maybe Targaryen for the PoD ADWD).

And the new pieces should be inspired by the show : http://imgur.com/B86e2t2

It would be awesome, and a lot of people would be ready to put a lot of money in it.

#8 Ben_2503

Ben_2503

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

I would most definitely support a dedicated expansion for house Arryn. Something similar to how 'The Horned Rat' expansion expanded 'Chaos in the Old World'. As well as all the components required to play House Arryn, I would also like to see included an additional board section added to the end of the Influence Tracks so to accommodate for seven player games. Additional stronghold and castle tokens to be placed on the map within reach of House Arryn's starting position may also be necessary so Arryn has a fighting chance of claiming victory points.

#9 JakeZF

JakeZF

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

I would be interested in Arryn pieces and a rule set to turn the game into a 7 player match.

#10 Hector131

Hector131

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

I bought the expansion pack, I would love to have a full set of components for House Arryn.

#11 Geldris

Geldris

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

Neo1818 said:

Well this "extension" is not hugely popular, so this explains that.

But as you can see here : http://boardgamegeek...nits-and-tokens

A lot of people are on your side, and that is what should be showned to FFG.

In my opinion, I think FFG should sell a Premium Pieces Pack with all new pieces from all houses ( including Aryn, and maybe Targaryen for the PoD ADWD).

And the new pieces should be inspired by the show : http://imgur.com/B86e2t2

It would be awesome, and a lot of people would be ready to put a lot of money in it.

What makes you say it's not hugely popular?  Does anyone know how well it's selling? 

Also, what Targaryen pieces?  There are no Targaryen forces in DwD.

#12 Geldris

Geldris

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Also, I disagree with new pieces based on the show, I honestly love the marbled plastic look.

#13 whitewolfmxc

whitewolfmxc

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

Id want what the OP wants as well lol come on FF , step it up !

#14 magi

magi

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

I wish the game tokens packs they sell had the knight tokens in it. I'd buy a blue pack in a second if they did.

#15 Geldris

Geldris

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

I probably would to, especially if the footmen looked more like the game of thrones footmen.

#16 SFRR

SFRR

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

I would definitely pay for marbled blue House Arryn expansion pieces, as well as something more substantial than PoD stuff.

On Vassal there's a 9-player variant…"are you listening FFG(?)"…I would buy that in a second!

(SFRR) aka Siferr Stark

#17 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

Count  me in for blue pieces!

#18 Geldris

Geldris

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

The same guy who made the 9 player Winds of Winter expansion made a set of House Arryn tokens for me.  Here's the link for those interested.  I just finished up my set today, and it's much better than using Tyrell pieces.  I took the sigil from the victory tracker and magnified it by 125% and used that to make a home area marker for the Eyrie so as to fix what is (in my opinion) the expansions biggest flaw that the Arryns max power at 19 while everyone else maxes at 20.

#19 Geldris

Geldris

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Forgot to post the link, here it is:

http://enter-there.com/

#20 SFRR

SFRR

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

...just to add-on, I don't think FFG would have ANY problem selling out a limited edition 3 House Expansion Pack to include three new colors of marbled plastic pieces, House cards, power tokens, order tokens, etc., for House Arryn (an obvious choice), and whatever else they come up with...Tully (?)...Targareyen (?)...Mormont (?)...Clegane (?)...Estermont (?).

(SFRR) aka Siferr Stark

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS