Druadan Forest

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 SiCK_Boy

SiCK_Boy

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

Has the new expansion been spoiled or discussed somewhere? I'm asking because I picked it up yesterday (went to get the latest SWLCG pack and found out they had both the ANR and LOTR latest expansions as well). So, any question about it (haven't played it yet), just shoot.

#2 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

it's not supposed to be in stores until 5/31, according to FFG's page - i've not seen anyone who has it or discuss it on any of the various message boards.

Star Wars was supposed to be out yesterday.

so, you are saying you have the 2nd AP?! :)

#3 Jekzer

Jekzer

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

Of course, if you want to share with us the knowledge about the new AP …

1) Hero, new player cards.

2) DL of the quest and what is that prowl mechanic.

3) Other details that you want to share, when you play it (fun, difficult, easier than TSF, if it continues the plot on the rulesheets, just the way TSF did…).

Just what you want to share!

#4 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

really? thats very fast….my supplier only got stewards in last week!

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#5 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

You got Druadan Forest? Mind if you spoil it for us? Just the player cards for now… I'm pretty interested.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#6 SiCK_Boy

SiCK_Boy

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Mirlonde (Unique)

Hero – Lore

8 threat

2/2/1/3

Silvan

Each hero you control with a printed Lore resource icon gets -1 threat cost.

New female hero… not sure who she is (I’m sure someone will have the reference), however. And she’s the first of a recurring theme in player cards favoring playing with a maximum number of heroes sharing a single printed sphere icon.

Forlong (Unique)

Ally – Leadership

3 cost

1/1/1/3

Outlands

While you control Outlands allies that belong to 4 different spheres, ready Forlong af the beginning of each phase.

Strength of Arms

Event – Leadership

2 cost

Play only if each hero you control has a printed Leadership resource icon.

Action: Ready each ally in play.

Mighty Prowess

Attachment – Tactics

1 cost

Skill

Attach to a Tactics hero. Limit 1 per hero.

Response: After attached hero attacks and destroys an enemy, deal 1 damage to another enemy that shares a trait with the enemy just destroyed.

Trained for War

Event – Tactics

2 cost

Play only if each hero you control has the printed Tactics resource icon.

Action: Until the end of the phase, if the current quest has no keyword it gains battle. (Characters quest using Attack instead of Willpower.)

Sylvan Refugee

Ally – Spirit

1 cost

2/0/0/1

Silvan

Forced: After a character leaves play, discard Sylvan Refugee.

Against the Shadow

Event – Spirit

2 cost

Play only if each hero you control has the printed Spirit resource icon.

Action: Until the end of the phase, Spirit characters use their Willpower instead of Defense.

Harbor Master

Ally – Lore

3 cost

1/2/0/2

Noldor

Response: After a card effect adds any number of resources to the resource pool of a hero you control, Harbor Master gains +1 Defense until the end of the round.

Advance Warning

Event – Lore

2 cost

Play only if each hero you control has a printed Lore resource icon.

Action: Until the end of the phase, enemies do not make engagement checks.

White Tower Watchman

Ally – Neutral

3 cost

1/0/2/3

Gondor

If each hero you control belongs to the same sphere of influence, you may assign damage from undefended enemy attacks to White Tower Watchman instead of a hero your control.

As for the quest, it’s difficulty level 6. I won’t describe all the cards, but the basic story is that you follow the bad guy from Steward’s Fear into the forest, only to find them dead, butchered by the Wose. You then need to escape the forest, but are taken into a major ambush before you can leave. In the final battle, instead of killing the enemy, you fight using Willpower as you actually try to convince these woodmen that you aren’t one of the bad guys.

Prowl X: When a card with prowl is revealed from the encounter deck, the players, as a group, must discard the specified number of resources from their heroes’ resource pools. If the players do not have enough resources to match the specified value, then they must discard as many resources as they can.

The rule insert also gives a bit of heads up regarding the next quest. As you leave the forest, you spot columns of smoke from various farmsteads and towns in Anorien. Evil has come to these lands and it’s people will be in need of help… leading to Encounter at Amon Din.

As you can guess, the encounter deck is full of cards abusing you if you don’t have resources on your heroes. There’s also a good number of enemies with the Archery keyword.

The big bad guy is Drû-buri-Drû. You can’t defend with allies against him. If he’s in the victory display, all characters have +1 willpower and +1 defense. You must have him in your victory display. The last stage of the quest is a Siege quest, and as indicated, you need to fight enemies with your willpower (drû-buri-drû being the wose’s chief, if you beat him, he helps you convince the rest of the tribe to leave you in peace, hence the boost your characters get in order to mop up that last stage).

Encounter cards include: Druadan Drummer, Druadan Elite, Druadan Hunter, Druadan Thief, Ancestral Clearing, Garden of Poisons, Glade of Cleansing, Men in the Dark, Stars in Sky and Leaves on Tree.

The quest is played using Druadan Forest and Brooding Forest (the little leaf icon from Heirs of Numenor).

Any other question, just ask!

#7 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for the spoiler! But wow, a ffg created new hero… that's… dissapointing. But anyway, some of the other cards seem pretty good. Won't judge just yet I think.

#8 TheLightdarker

TheLightdarker

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Welp, looks like Forlong is easily a contender for best Ally in the game. I don't want to proclaim "broken beyond all comprehension" quite yet, but wow.

#9 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

TheLightdarker said:

Welp, looks like Forlong is easily a contender for best Ally in the game. I don't want to proclaim "broken beyond all comprehension" quite yet, but wow.

yup. it's shocking to me that, if haldir, gildor, and beorn are 4, 5, 6 and aren't nearly as strong, that this dude is only 3.

i didn't want to try outlands before - now i really don't want to. haha.

#10 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

thanks!  - this cycle is really throwing some curve balls isnt it?!!

whats the art like for the hero?

rich

#11 hildargo

hildargo

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

FFG's new Easy Mode: play Outlands. sonreir In all seriousness, looks like a pretty solid AP for the player cards.

#12 SiCK_Boy

SiCK_Boy

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

The hero is drawn by Magali Villeneuve. It's a women, standing up but slightly turned (her body facing the right, with her head turned toward the viewer). She's got a sword strapped to her back. There are mountains (rocky area) and a foaming river in the background (could be the ford near Elron'd place). She wears a brown or dark green garment; nothing much elfic about her except the ears. Long flowing brown hairs and she's got some kind of shale (not sure about the word) floating in the wind along with her hairs.

#13 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

SiCK_Boy said:

The hero is drawn by Magali Villeneuve. It's a women, standing up but slightly turned (her body facing the right, with her head turned toward the viewer). She's got a sword strapped to her back. There are mountains (rocky area) and a foaming river in the background (could be the ford near Elron'd place). She wears a brown or dark green garment; nothing much elfic about her except the ears. Long flowing brown hairs and she's got some kind of shale (not sure about the word) floating in the wind along with her hairs.

sounds great…..thanks :)

#14 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

Ok, so is Mirlonde affected by her own effect? I suppose that's the case, so she essentially costs 7.

#15 SiCK_Boy

SiCK_Boy

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Yes, she is. But she still has crappy stats… When I first saw her, I thought: Oh, maybe there'll be a couple secrecy cards in there! But instead, all you get is these "play a single sphere" cards, which I can't say I find all that impressive except for the Leadership one. There could be a combo somewhere I don't get, but honestly, I didn't find the player cards all that impressive (ok, I'm sure going to try Forlong, but besides that? Mighty Prowess might be nice in the Khazad Dum scenarios with all these orcs…).

#16 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

well i can see the one that readies allies in play being great for dwarves…and i think many of the cards will become better as the cycle progresses. so far i am happy with what i have seen from this cycle. it feels as if the game is really 'charging forward'…and the design team are doing a great job

thanks for sharing by the way ;)

rich

#17 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

TheLightdarker said:

at first look i agree- but the stats are low. i mean, its +1 to wilpower in questing phase, then you can have him defend and if he survives then he can attack with 1 attack

now of course this can be boosted, and i think this is where the power lies…but certainly not all that powerful on its own

rich

#18 hildargo

hildargo

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm really excited to put together a mono-Lore deck. Mirlonde/Beravor/Aragorn for a starting threat of 27. I think that's pretty good, especially with the ablities and stats of the other two heroes. You get 3 cards for one resource with Mithrandir's Advice. Toss in Love of Tales with some songs for some resource acceleration and those key cards in other spheres. Not to mention A Good Harvest in case you need to play some of those cards but you don't have the songs in play yet. Just some ideas.

#19 Redblock

Redblock

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

I wonder if harbor master effect is cumulative (he gets + 1 defence for each card). If it is there is space for combo making.  Overall I like this pack, it gives new direction to decbuilding (monosphere) and still adds to some existing decks, not like first one.

#20 Ohnomycocoa

Ohnomycocoa

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

There's a minor combo with silvan tracker And Mironde - if it's in play she will heal one damage when readied as she is silvan. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS