• 7,177 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

F101: Desperate Looters (x3)
Greyjoy Character
Cost = 1
STR = 1
Icons = M
Traits = Ally.
Response: After Desperate Looters enters or leaves play, discard the top card of each opponent’s deck.

F102: Depleted Host (x3)
Stark Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army.
No attachments except Weapon.
Response: After you win a challenge in which Depleted Host participated, search your deck for a Reinforcements event card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

F103: Northern Cavalry Flank (x1)
Stark Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army.
Crests = War
No attachments except Siege. Deadly.
If an opponent is running an agenda, Northern Cavalry Flank does not kneel to attack.

F104: Northern Infantry (x1)
Stark Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army.
Crests = War
No attachments except Siege. Deadly.
If an opponent is running an agenda, Northern Infantry does not kneel to defend.

F105: Weary Swordsmen (x3)
Lannister Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army.
Response: After a Reinforcements event card is played, choose and kneel a character without an (intrigue) icon.

F106: Tommen Baratheon (x1)
Unique Lannister Character
Cost = 1
STR = 1
Icons = P
Traits = Lord. King.
If there is another King character in play, Tommen Baratheon cannot attack, defend, or trigger his character ability.
Marshalling: Kneel Tommen Baratheon to draw a card.

F107: Exhausted Horsemen (x3)
Baratheon Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army.
Response: After a Reinforcements event card is played, stand Exhausted Horseman. (typo on card)

F108: Stormland Scavengers (x3)
Baratheon Character
Cost = 2
STR = 3
Icons = M, P
Traits = Traitor.
House Baratheon only.
After you play Stormland Scavengers from your hand, choose a player with a (Baratheon) or a (Targaryen) House card. Discard a card at random from that player’s hand.

F109: Weathered Crew (x3)
Greyjoy Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army.
Response: After a Reinforcements event card is played, put a Warship location into play from your discard pile.

F110: Pirates of Orkmont (x1)
Greyjoy Character
Cost = 4
STR = X
Icons = M, P
Traits = Ironborn. Mercenary.
No attachments. Intimidate.
X is the highest gold value on an opponent’s revealed plot card.

F111: Destitute Horde (x3)
Targaryen Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army. Dothraki.
Response: After a Reinforcements event card is played, choose an attachment controlled by an opponent. Take control of that attachment , and attach it to Destitute Horde, if able. Otherwise, discard it from play.

F112: Desert Exiles (x3)
Martell Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army.
Response: After a Reinforcements event card is played, draw a card.

F113: Men With No King (x3)
Neutral Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army.
Limited Response: After a Reinforcements event card is played, pay 2 gold to choose a character or location that does not have its owner’s House affiliation. Take control of that card. (Limit 1 Limited Response per round.)

F114: Retreat and Regroup (x1)
Event Card
Traits = Reinforcements.
Challenges: Play before any challenges have been initiated this phase. If you lose 2 or more challenges this phase, you may return any number of non-unique characters from your discard pile to you hand. (Place this card next to your plot deck until the end of the phase.)

F115: Missing Recruit (x1)
Event Card
Traits = Reinforcements.
Any Phase: Play in you have lost a (military) challenge this phase. Pay 1 gold to put Missing Recruit into play from your hand as a character with 3 STR, a (military) icon, stealth, and renown.

F116: Spy in Their Midst (x1)
Event Card
Traits = Reinforcements.
Any Phase: Play in you have lost an (intrigue) challenge this phase. Pay 1 gold to put Spy in Their Midst into play from your hand as a character with 3 STR, a (intrigue) icon, stealth, and renown.

F117: Beguiled Bodyguard (x1)
Event Card
Traits = Reinforcements.
Any Phase: Play in you have lost a (power) challenge this phase. Pay 1 gold to put Beguiled Bodyguard into play from your hand as a character with 3 STR, a (power) icon, stealth, and renown.

F118: Winter Reserves (x1)
Event Card
Traits = Reinforcements.
Play only if it is Winter.
Any Phase: Play in you have lost a challenge this phase. Pay 1 gold to put Winter Reserves into play from your hand as an Army character with 4 STR, a (military), an (intrigue), a (power) icon, and deadly.

F119: Summer Reserves (x1)
Event Card
Traits = Reinforcements.
Play only if it is Summer.
Any Phase: Play in you have lost a challenge this phase. Pay 1 gold to put Summer Reserves into play from your hand as an Army character with 4 STR, a (military), an (intrigue), a (power) icon, and deadly.

F120: Summer Encampment (x3)
Targaryen Location
Cost = 2
Traits = The East.
Any Phase: If it is Summer, kneel Summer Encampment to return a character you control to its owner’s hand.

#2 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

Thank you ktom for the spoiler!

#3 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

Neutral Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army.
Limited Response: After a Reinforcements event card is played, pay 2 gold to choose a character or location that does not have its owner’s House affiliation. Take control of that card. (Limit 1 Limited Response per round.)

OMFG!!!! This makes me retire my martell deck....no need to have Dayne and/or Tower of Joy get stolen from me!

whats the point of F120: Summer Encampment? 2 gold to get rid of milk/motley/fishing net? It has to be a character i control, but doesn't have to be one i own, so what i could feel nice and give a stolen charcater back?

#4 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

What if you played a jumper normally for some reason (like needing a Lord on the table for example) and decided to bounce him back? Admitedly it is a rather limited application (that reason and the one you just mentioned), but Summer Encampment would help then.

#5 Rozy

Rozy

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

Thanks ktom, this pack seems like I have to have it three times not even a single cards less. Specially the Stark armies seems good since they finally made some usefull War characters that are not unique.

Lars said:

whats the point of F120: Summer Encampment? 2 gold to get rid of milk/motley/fishing net? It has to be a character i control, but doesn't have to be one i own, so what i could feel nice and give a stolen charcater back?

You can use it on Dragon Thief so you could use his ability again. That is nice a can help you. Other thing I can see use for it is when you are planning to play Wildfire or Valar. This way you could protect some of the characters...

#6 Old Ben

Old Ben

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

Thank you for spoiling the cards Ktom.

Wow i like the ability of summer encapment a lot. This ability was really missing in Targ. Great card. And i agree with Lars Men with no king seem to be very strong, just consider that probably every second LCG deck runs crossroads and some neutral charachters (Ravens, he Benjen Stark...).

Tommen will also surely see play - maybe ooh too.

#7 Moneylender

Moneylender

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:10 AM

Thanks Ktom!

Is it just me, or are all the reinforcements overpowered and underpriced?

And I´d like i much more if Summer encampment would have been Martell, because Targaryen had enough love already.

Ok, and to end with something positive: hooray for deadly armies!

#8 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:34 AM

Lars said:

Neutral Character
Cost = 4
STR = 5
Icons = M, P
Traits = Army.

OMFG!!!! This makes me retire my martell deck....no need to have Dayne and/or Tower of Joy get stolen from me!

Well, that's not even the half of it. Has anyone done the math on this one yet? For example:

- If my opponent has this out (and can pay the cost/meet the play restrictions), I essentially CAN'T play a Reinforcements event! All but one of them becomes a neutral character upon entering play. Neutral characters do not have their owner's House affiliation. So my opponent can immediately take control of of the event/character I play!

- If I have this out, playing a Reinforcements event card essentially turns into a 3-character swing (assuming my opponent has an OOH or neutral character on the board). I get two characters (the Reinforcements event and one of theirs) and they lose one character to me. While harder to set up and more expensive, it is the same 3-character swing that caused problems with the Nightfire Convert, isn't it?

So yeah, I think this is a pretty defining card as far as the Reinforcements mechanic goes.

#9 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:35 AM

Moneylender said:

Is it just me, or are all the reinforcements overpowered and underpriced?

Well, remember the "hidden" cost of having to lose a challenge. But yeah, giving every House a 4-for-5 Army in and of itself seems an interesting choice.

#10 Old Ben

Old Ben

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:00 AM

ktom said:

- If my opponent has this out (and can pay the cost/meet the play restrictions), I essentially CAN'T play a Reinforcements event! All but one of them becomes a neutral character upon entering play.

Not entirely right. You can play the event. but it wouldn´t be a good idea to do the transition into a charachter. I think this is a sign that the reinforcement theme is really well done. Okay, it would have been better if the Men with no king were a little more restricted in their ability.

#11 Rubinon

Rubinon

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:12 AM

@Men with no king

But you have to keep 2 gold to use it's ability, and you cannot use another Limited Response this round. It's strong, but it doesn't completely shut down opponents reinforcements.

#12 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:10 AM

Summer Encampment is freaking awesome! iIt will really make the 5K dragons shine even more - I was looking for a reliable way to pop amubsh characters back into hand to set up some loops with the dragons during challenge phase, and this really will help.

The reinforcements thing looks like a gimmick anway. My guess is that it won't see a lot fo play snce Men with No King is such a strong counter to the effect. That card does seem rather brutal for its cost and given the environemnt. (At least it can't steal the Eyrie).

#13 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:23 AM

Rubicon: it doesn't need to shut down opponets reinforcements. If you are playing against someone using nuetral or Out of House locations (streets!) or characters  you can use your own reinforcements to steal said charcaters or locations.

I'd have no problem keeping two gold for this. For two gold i get a 3 character (or perhaps worse, 1 character and 2 location) swing, thats better then any 2 gold cost location character or attachment in LCG right now that i could have marshelled

I'm not seeing a problem at all with limited response (which isn't a big limit yet). a) this is by far the best one and b) i just wouldn't put any others in a deck with this guy and use those slots for more of the events.

Heres my next deck. Summer and just for fun i'll make it house bara and use Fury of the stag to hit two more houses: 3x of the these, non winter, events (12 total cards), 3x of this guy, 18x 0-2 cost people for military/intrigue claim soak, 15x in house locations, 3x seductive promise, 3x milk of the poppy, 3x black raven, and 3x motley [edit: make it 63 cards and add in 3x support of the kingdom for even more stealing fun....]. Opening plot Summons. you better be running a loyalty deck using little to no non-unigues. how much fun is it going to be running 1 of 2 deck archtypes? Like i said this card retires my martell deck, makes me have to put aside plans of building GJ, have to reconfigure my other decks and take out a lot of the support/utility cards. Jon Snow was a card that help speed up every deck that can;t be played now, and i could go on. And i very rarely say a card is overpowered/meta defining (i was one of the few or didn't think Jaqen needed to be banned)

@Old ben, why would i play the event at all then? just to get it out of my hand? if you don't transition it then it does nothing, therefore shutting it down as Ktom said.

#14 Old Ben

Old Ben

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

Lars said:

@Old ben, why would i play the event at all then? just to get it out of my hand? if you don't transition it then it does nothing, therefore shutting it down as Ktom said.

~Yeah, you maybe right why would i play the event if i could use my Weary swordsmen to kneel a charachter, it´s absolutely useless to trigger one of the half dozen charachter effects in this cp by just playing an event card.  

#15 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:39 AM

Old Ben said:

ktom said:

- If my opponent has this out (and can pay the cost/meet the play restrictions), I essentially CAN'T play a Reinforcements event! All but one of them becomes a neutral character upon entering play.

Not entirely right. You can play the event. but it wouldn´t be a good idea to do the transition into a charachter. 

I'm sorry, but other than Retreat and Regroup - which doesn't become a character at all - which Reinforcement event gives you the option to play the event without transitioning it to a character? The whole effect of the cards are to put them into play as a character. There's no "may" or other "option" by which you play the card but don't get a character.

Sure, you CAN play the event card, but it's a really bad idea. I'm not seeing the in-between.

@Rubicon: Sure, it has a cost and play restrictions, but you know, they're manageable. Especially if I have my own Reinforcement cards. I mean seriously, other than Lannister's Castellan of the Rock, how many Limited Responses are you tripping over in your decks? How often have you not been able to play one because you already triggered one that round? And yeah, the 2 gold is a consideration and will be the real limiting factor on this ability, but it is waaay worth it to keep 2 gold in your gold pool to keep an opponent guessing. Or 3 gold to keep them scared (that you have your own Reinforcements).

#16 Old Ben

Old Ben

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

ktom said:

I'm sorry, but other than Retreat and Regroup - which doesn't become a character at all - which Reinforcement event gives you the option to play the event without transitioning it to a character? The whole effect of the cards are to put them into play as a character. There's no "may" or other "option" by which you play the card but don't get a character.

Sure, you CAN play the event card, but it's a really bad idea. I'm not seeing the in-between.

Okay, a little more dteailled. Let´s assume i have two Weary swordsmen in play and my opponent has Men with no king in play and two gold. I loose an intrigue challenge and play Spy in their midst. I know that my opponent can steal the charachter so i choose not to pay 1 gold. But i have played an reinforcement event so i can trigger both weary swordsmen to kneel opponents charachters.

Makes more sense now ?

#17 jmccarthy

jmccarthy

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:24 AM

Thanks for the spoilers Ktom.  It seems like an interesting CP, but for the casual player like myself, where my friends and I all play out of the same cardpool, it seems like my options are to buy three of this Chapter pack, or just skip it.

#18 Arma virumque

Arma virumque

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:55 AM

Just out of curiosity, what does Milk of the Poppy do to these Reinforcement cards?  All of their attributes (including their very existence) are part of the text box and would therefore be blanked.  But the text isn't written in the form of a constant effect, so blanking the text box might be irrelevant once they're in play already.

#19 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:36 AM

Milk doesn't do anything to the reins, it is just more charcater control (and cheap) so it got put in my off the cuff deck to go on charcaters i can't steal.

#20 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:38 AM

Old Ben said:

Okay, a little more dteailled. Let´s assume i have two Weary swordsmen in play and my opponent has Men with no king in play and two gold. I loose an intrigue challenge and play Spy in their midst. I know that my opponent can steal the charachter so i choose not to pay 1 gold. But i have played an reinforcement event so i can trigger both weary swordsmen to kneel opponents charachters.

Makes more sense now ?

Oh, I understood what you wanted to do, I was just trying to point out that you cannot do it. You cannot play Spy in Their Midst after losing an intrigue challenge earlier in the phase without paying the 1 gold to turn it into a character.

"Play after you lose an (intrigue) challenge" is a play restriction. It is not an effect in and of itself. You cannot initiate something that doesn't have an effect to resolve (although you can initiate something with an effect that will not resolve successfully; there's a difference). And paying 1 gold is a cost of triggering the Any Phase effect. If you don't pay the whole cost, you cannot play the event card.

So again, except for Retreat and Regroup, there is no option to play a Reinforcement event card without triggering the effect that puts the character into play. In your scenario, you must pay the 1 gold in order to play the Spy in the first place and give yourself the trigger for your two Weary Swordsmen, also giving your opponent the chance to steal the resultant 3-STR, stealth, renown character. It may be a viable payoff, but I'm guessing it won't be more often than it is.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS