Cloaking Device

Assault Missle

Total 97

#2 executor

executor

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

ahh.. that 97 points is just screaming to use at least 2 more points to make it 99

give wedge swarm tactics or something…..

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 4 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's

#3 Alarum

Alarum

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Push the limit on Tycho so you can target lock and focus for the missiles in 1 turn.

#4 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Or why not give someone push the limit or both eligible pilots veteran instincts, since we already discussed (and mostly agreed surprisingly) in some other thread that initiative is probably not an advantage but a disadvantage. Feel free to check it out! In that logic you should pretty much always try and max out your squad pointwise whenever you can.

Also R5-K6 on Dutch always sounds very reasonable but for me he has never paid out. Either they focus dutch down so fast that any upgrade seemed like a waste, or else i can't get a new lock with the droid even after several turns of trying… I would really rather take another droid like a standard R2, R5 or as you have spare points even R2-D2, who can be very nice on a Y-Wing if you go green a lot while ion cannoning everyone. You would then give Wedge a standard R2 with PTL to get rid of stress after 2 actions per turn, and give Tycho Target locks with Dutch so Tycho can take Veteran instincts or something else and still get 2 actions per turn thanks to Dutches target locks!

#5 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

PTL on Tycho is a must.

Kill the droid and put ANY upgrade on Wedge instead, even a proton torp.

Be seeing you.

#6 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Sorry, I meant Kill R5K6, not our hero R2D2.

Be seeing you.

#7 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

magadizer said:

PTL on Tycho is a must.

Kill the droid and put ANY upgrade on Wedge instead, even a proton torp.

PTL is just a must on Soontir, but on Tycho its a must only if you don't have Garven, Lando or Dutch, where you get a free second action to boost your missile, after which Tycho still benefits from 2 actions, but as he is not the heavy hitter there are turns where i prefer veteran instincts as its cheap and makes him shoot first… If he gets into a good position you can still give him the support from other rebel pilots.

#8 Captain_Arrr

Captain_Arrr

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

I actually like the iea of PTL on Tycho.  Meant to put it in this list but forgot to write it.

#9 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

Cloaking device?

· Try my Unoffical X-Wing Squadron Builder or see the 45,000+ squadrons other players have created.

· I also have a page of my other RPG and board game stuff.

· Currently, I'm backpacking around SE Asia for a year with my wife and three identical triplet girls. Check out our blog to see where we've got to: Travels With Triplets.

#10 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

No ship that small has a cloaking device.

Stealth device however….

Be seeing you.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS