Android Netrunner LCG: A Study in Static Data Pack

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Big Borg

Big Borg

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

My LGS went out of business a few weeks back and I have missed out on the fourth data pack. Why is this particular data pack  so expensive versus its normal $15 price?

#2 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Not quite sure what you're talking about.  ASiS is priced at $15 just like all the other data packs.

Are you sure you weren't looking at Creation and Control?

#3 Carist

Carist

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

This has been happening with the Data Packs for a while.  A data pack comes close to selling out everywhere, so the few stores that do have any remaining jack up the price. The reprint of A Study in Static is set to arrive in June, so you can either pay the inflated price, or just wait until next month when all the stores have them again and the price goes back to normal.

#4 Big Borg

Big Borg

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Carist said:

This has been happening with the Data Packs for a while.  A data pack comes close to selling out everywhere, so the few stores that do have any remaining jack up the price. The reprint of A Study in Static is set to arrive in June, so you can either pay the inflated price, or just wait until next month when all the stores have them again and the price goes back to normal.

Thanks.

#5 Big Borg

Big Borg

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

To be honest, I have never seen inflated prices for a data pack, adventure pack, etc. for Netrunner, LoTR or Game of Thrones. In fact, they usually stay at $15 or less several months or years later.  Currently, EBAY has a listing for A Study in Static asking $60!!!  Amazon is asking $30.  Very strange.  How can it be demand and supply? Did FFG ship out less of this data pack than all similar packs for its various games?

#6 Carist

Carist

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

Big Borg said:

To be honest, I have never seen inflated prices for a data pack, adventure pack, etc. for Netrunner, LoTR or Game of Thrones. In fact, they usually stay at $15 or less several months or years later.  Currently, EBAY has a listing for A Study in Static asking $60!!!  Amazon is asking $30.  Very strange.  How can it be demand and supply? Did FFG ship out less of this data pack than all similar packs for its various games?

A few months ago, when I got into the game, the same thing happened with What Lies Ahead.  I could not find it unless I wanted to pay more than 40 dollars for it. I had to wait until the reprint to get my hands on it.

Check out the third party prices for What Lies Ahead From February. Looks like it's currently hard to find again as well.

http://camelcamelcam...duct/1616615451

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS