Buck Rogers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flervk

flervk

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

hmm, I've played that game a few times like 20 years ago, when I was a kid.

I wonder, was it good (cause I can't really remember anything about it) and does it deserve some kind of reprint.

edit:

this one:

www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/548

#2 Vespers

Vespers

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:46 AM

Boy, that takes me back. I'm going to have to dig out my copy of the TSR short story anthology, The Arrival. I may even still have a copy of a module or disk in a storage bin.

Truth be told, I can still vividly remember playing Buck Rogers and the planet Zoom on the Amstrad. 5 1/4" floppy, if memory serves.

I think I'm beginning to catch up on Captain Rogers.

#3 Jakews

Jakews

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

I remember wanting the Buck Rogers game more than anything when I was a kid. I never did get it. I wonder how it compares to FF TI3 or Starcraft. I bet that the newer games are better. I don't think Buck Rogers would do too well with people today though. There are so many more exciting space fantasies now.

Vespers said:

Boy, that takes me back. I'm going to have to dig out my copy of the TSR short story anthology, The Arrival. I may even still have a copy of a module or disk in a storage bin.

Truth be told, I can still vividly remember playing Buck Rogers and the planet Zoom on the Amstrad. 5 1/4" floppy, if memory serves.

I think I'm beginning to catch up on Captain Rogers.

#4 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:52 AM

This was a great favorite in our household.  It was a high-production game with tons of minis, including leaders like Buck, Dale, etc., cards, and a gorgeous board.  It played basically like Risk or more recently Dust. I haven't played it now in years, though I think a copy of it is still in a box in the garage, but I have fond memories of it.  It was a fairly simple game by today's standards (a LOT simpler than TI3 or Starcraft) but filled with charm and exciting play. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS