Mythos Card: Spawn of Yog Sothoth question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cribolouf

cribolouf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

This card resulted in a heated debate at our table last night, yet there was nothing covering it that we could find in the FAQ.

This is an Environment (Mystic) card.

The text on the card reads:

Cultists have Magical Immunity. Additionally, any investigator who is lost in time and space must pass a Will (-1) check or be devoured.

The question is when does the second of this card's abilities come into play?

Is it just a one time effect that happens immediately after the card is drawn, and only on characters who happen to be lost in time and space at that exact moment, or does it remain in effect (per the Environment type) and if so, during what phase does a player roll their Will check? Is it immediately after becoming lost in time and space? during the upkeep? move? or mythos phase?

#2 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

It would be a continuous effect as an environment card.  I would read the timing of the check to be as soon as an Investigator was lost in Time and Space, and would apply immediately to any Investgators currently LiTaS when the card is drawn.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Wolfgar said:

It would be a continuous effect as an environment card.  I would read the timing of the check to be as soon as an Investigator was lost in Time and Space, and would apply immediately to any Investgators currently LiTaS when the card is drawn.

Seconded. All investigators who are LiTaS when the card enters play have to check, and everytime an investigator is sent LiTaS with this card in play, he immediately has to check as well

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Manishtusu

Manishtusu

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

The thing about that environment is, it brings a little piece of Yog-Sothoth into the game. But hey, at least you get to roll in LiTaS to avoid getting devoured!  Now that I think about it, Principal Miles could be considered the spawn of Ghatanothoa! ;-)

#5 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

As the other have said…this is decoupled from the part about Cultists.  If any Investigator is unlucky enough to be drawn to LiTaS while in-play, they make the Will check.  Don't forget that the Environment card remains in-play until you resolve another Environment card.  The reason I mention it is because there may be a combination of cards that places someone in LiTaS right before a new Environment card is drawn and resolved.

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS