• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Liquidgeek

Liquidgeek

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hi, all

I first was introduced to talisman with the android solo version of the game and i was hooked since then i went out and bought the boardgame and introduced it to my kids and We're hooked, now im in the process of purchasing all the expansions. only need two to complete the set, then after some searching online i find the magical world of talisman island and my creative juices start to flow, so i dipped my hand at the home brew stuff and i really like the way this game can be modified. after some experimentations with photoshop templates i found on talisman island i remade a couple cards just to test the waters tell me what you guys think. im remaking the purchase deck to start with so tell me what you think or any changes i should make. i also have a lot of expansions floating around in my head that im putting on paper. any tips for home brewing would be greatly appreciated also i take no credit for anything you see i found images online and the templates at talisman island all i did was slap them together for personal use. if anyone has the photoshop templates for the backs of the cards and the city expansion it will be greatly appreciated, thx for viewing.

#2 azoic

azoic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hi Liquidgeek,

your card art is great. Do you already have any new ideas? New Weapons? New Purchase Items? Other stuff?

Next time you should publish your stuff in the Home Brew Subforum. 

If you want to have perfect Talisman look like cards, change this:

1. You use the wrong "R" for "Sword" and "Armour" in the card name.

2. In some sentences the final "." is missing.

3. In card text is is necessary to write "Strength" in capital letters.

4. If you write down the name of spaces use the article e.g. "the Woods and the Forest".

5. And write the space names always in capital letters e.g. "the Woods and the Forest".

Some smaller card backs you may find in the Strange Eon files or here www.talismanisland.com/tour_4re.htm.

The best data you will get in this section www.talismanisland.com/downloads.htm. Download the additional assets.

And please show us your new ideas!

#3 Liquidgeek

Liquidgeek

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

thanks azoic for the great input and as soon as i gather up all the thoughts and have it organized i'll post in the homebrew section to share with the community. one of the ideas i have is to make armour sets that will provide a bonus when all the peices are together, this way players have a reason to collect all the armour peices or steal someone elses :), Also i want to change the wording on a spell card its the one that lets you look at the top 5 cards of the adventure deck, i want to change it to say look at the top 5 cards of the adventure deck and put them back in any order. as i said i have a lot of ideas floating around my head that i have to put down on paper and once i do ill post.

#4 Spectrum

Spectrum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

Welcome on board Liquidgeek :)

Nice work there and i like the idea of rearranging the top 5 adventure cards once you've seen them. 

Will be following your posts to see what you come up with in the future!

#5 Triakor

Triakor

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Welcome to the board. I am also a fan of home brew stuff. I'm currently test playing Simpson characters. Will enjoy seeing the stuff you come out with.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS