Photo

Soft Zhar, sweet Zhar, little ball of fur…

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Time for some Arkham Horror yesterday: AH, DH, KH & MH in play, 5 investigators (all of them pretty good: Minh, Wendy, Luke, Norman and Jacqueline) against Zhar and Ghroth. Even with a very strong party, I was scared not to be able to gather clues & seal quick enough to avoid the twin obscenity to wake up.

After setting up the game, the first Mythos was an Environment Mystic. Guess what? Yeah, I rolled 6, so the Zhar started the game with 4 doomers on the track. Nice.

By the time I had 7 doomers on the doom track, there were no seals on the board AND the World Torn Asunder rumor in play, with Kingsport invaded by monsters thanks to some lovely MH Mythos cards :-)

Norm returned from Another Dimension. Seal. Plus South Church to buy a Blessing in the following round and then he got rid of the rumor. Minh, who had borrowed Luke's Gate Box, discovered a way to return from Kadath without actually ever been there (so, it remains Unknown, at least for this game, I guess). Wendy jumped into the Science Building gate, had a lucky encounter sending her back to Arkham and uops? Two seals already on the board? Well, it's three with my ES. And I have 5 clues, so jump over the Yithian in front of the STL, rent the Norm's Find gate and here we go into another gate.

Zhar not happy.

Luke entered the Woods gate, with Call friends, thinking about summoning Minh with the Gate Box when in the second area of the OW and go for a closing victory. It was not necessary: as Wendy returned and sealed the STL, Jacq had drawn something good to read: De Vermis Mysteriis. Norm was just outside the shop, bragging he was in need of something to read to catch a good sleep. His good sleep meant eternal sleep for Zhar: as he started reading the first chapter of the book, he managed to closed the only remaining gate.

So, all gates closed, 5 gate trophies collected: victory by closing gates when Zhar was stuck at 8 doomers on his doom track. The quickest victory of the year: only 8 Mythos

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#2 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

Wow!  That was quite a fortuitous set of encounters given the abyssmal start to the game.  Your Investigators are run-ragged if you arkhamplished (there it is again!) all of that in 8 Turns.  Outstanding play, Julia!

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#3 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

The Professor said:

Wow!  That was quite a fortuitous set of encounters given the abyssmal start to the game.  Your Investigators are run-ragged if you arkhamplished (there it is again!) all of that in 8 Turns.  Outstanding play, Julia!

:laughter: thanks Joe! You know, zero seals and eight doomers… I thought I was doomed (no way to beat that easily Zhar in Final Battle). And still… pushing a little the board… what a rush!!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#4 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Julia,

Did you happen to see my message ~ I know FFG's mail service is about as reliable as the Old West, but…

Ciao, Joe

The Professor

#5 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

The Professor said:

Julia,

Did you happen to see my message ~ I know FFG's mail service is about as reliable as the Old West, but…

Ciao, Joe

What message?

#6 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

Hahaha!  That about sums it up…I'll send it to you via regular e-mail.

The Professor

#7 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Good reversal. I love the game for that.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS