Maps and ship mini images

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gatherer818

gatherer818

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

So while my group is probably going to use our wet-erase map for tactical personal combat, the kinds of ranges you expect starship combat to play out at aren't easy to do on our map.  I have a program for my Kindle that will let me import maps and minis, but of course it comes pre-loaded with fantasy stuff.  I'll spend the next time I have a few free hours with unfettered internet access exercizing my Google-fu to see if I can locate some, but it strikes me someone here might have already had the same thought and would have a good jumping-off point for me from their own experience.  I'm looking for a space map with already drawn lines (the program shows lines during map creation - so you can align them to the map's own - but doesn't draw them, and I'm terrible at getting equal distances between my own grid lines adding them manually), and just some neat spaceship pictures without backgrounds or with easy to remove backgrounds (say, monocolor?).  If anyone already knows where to find these, you'd be helping me so much if you pointed the way :D  thanks in advance.

#2 Evilref

Evilref

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Grab hubble space image, stick into GIMP, add grid. It's a 5-10 job.

#3 gatherer818

gatherer818

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

hmm…  I think my sister's computer will actually run GIMP.  Perhaps I can get her to do it for me, thanks.  (It's not that it has high requirements, it's that my computer sucks.  It can't run past 16-bit color mode….   the background here has these half-inch wide bands of single shades of blue that I'm assuming are meant to be a gradient, but….)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS