• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

argh……so excited….argh….cannot compute….

…ok, now i got that out of my system..this look amazing

theres so much to discuss here- but im loving boons and burden so far…

and it looks like we are getting more rangers….

so- well done to those who predicted this!

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#2 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Agreed, so much good stuff, the designers are on fire.

Can I just say….Barliman Butterbur's in the house!!!

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#3 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Raven1015 said:

and may i say….bombadil? surely

rich

#4 Ozil23

Ozil23

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

So f.cking excited!!! But may I add we will see some new characters from the books, such as Tom Bombandil, Barliman, etc. But who do you guys think are the 4 hobbit heroes (Frodo is counted as neutral hero)?

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

fatty for sure will be one

rich

#6 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Most likely Sam, Merry, and another version of Pippin.

Can't figure out the fourth hero though? Fatty Bolger? Farmer Maggot? Maybe another version of Bilbo?

#7 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Not Bilbo… Merry, Sam, Fatty and some other… Hamfast?

Frodo will function as Bilbo did for the Hobbit saga…

It is another sphere…

Edit: Strange… 

Black Rider is put under Deluxe expansion (khazad-dum and HoN) and not under Saga expansion (Hobbit) on the Lord of the Rings Products page…

Carlos José Matos

#8 Ellareth

Ellareth

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Lots of things to be excited in this article for sure.

Will be interesting to see how the Hobbit race would be developed to compensate for pre-existing low threat enemies (enemies below 10 threat engagement threshold), and sounds like Ranger traits will be developed along side as well.

Start of this Saga expansion somewhat gurantees atleast 5 more Saga expansions to come, and epic battles of Helm's Deep, Pelenor Fields and such.

But I'm not sure if Tom Bombadil and Old Forest will be included in the expansion.
Article says they will stay as true as possible to the book, and does mention something about Frodo slipping from Shire,
but after reading the article I'd guess the 3 scenarios are Bag End to Cracklehollow (include encounter with Gildor and escape in Bukleburry ferry), Bree and Weathertop (include Southerner spies and battle at Weathertop), Weathertop to Rivendell (include encounter with Glorfindel and battle at the Ford of Bruinen).
Of course they could be just teasing us by not mentioning the Old Forest, but it looks like Bombadil and Burrow-wights are being left out. If my guess is correct and they do leave out Old Forest it will be disappointing.

Another thing that is bugging me is the artwork.
Individually, all the artwork on card are very excellent.
But looking at the spoiled cards, the artwork is just everywhere and styles don't match each other.
Some cards look 'pretty', some look 'D&D fantasy', some look 'fairytale-ish', some look 'comicbook-ish', and overall they look like combination of arts from different games. A little of consistency in style of art used would be nice.

But yeah, the game seems to be getting better and better with new Easy, Standard, Nightmare Modes, Reward/Punishment for Campaign Mode, and promise of more Saga expansions to come.

Assuming we will be finished with Against the Shadow Cycle by the time Black Rider Saga comes out (they said 3rd quarter, which I would assume means september), I'm betting next Cycle will be located around Sarn Ford and focused on Dunedain Ranger / Hobbits to synergize with Saga expasions to develope those keywords further.

#9 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Raven1015 said:

i thought the consensus on these forums was that this game was dead and the designers don't care about the game? ;)

#10 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Dain Ironfoot said:

Raven1015 said:

i thought the consensus on these forums was that this game was dead and the designers don't care about the game? ;)

Hehe, not so much a consensus as an opinion held by a few vocal people.

#11 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Raven1015 said:

Dain Ironfoot said:

Raven1015 said:

Hehe, not so much a consensus as an opinion held by a few vocal people.

oh, i know. but i couldn't help but rub it in a bit. haha.

#12 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Oh my so much amazing things to buy. Now this looks very intresting with the boons and those burdens look nasty. I wonder if there are going to be the 9 nazgul on the box? By the way how many saga expansions do you think the Fellowship will have?

#13 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Alex6222 said:

Oh my so much amazing things to buy. Now this looks very intresting with the boons and those burdens look nasty. I wonder if there are going to be the 9 nazgul on the box? By the way how many saga expansions do you think the Fellowship will have?

well theres 3 here …so thats 3 in the first book of the fellowship. so another 3 for the 2nd book of the fellowship making.. 2 packs per book, 6 per trilogy?

#14 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm calling it right now: the Hobbit/Pipe deck will be the next big thing.

#15 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Maybe (but probably not) we will get Khamul :)  This is probably his only chance to be in the game.  But it would make sense for him to be in here as this is were he plays his big part in the books.  We'll have to see. :)

Khamul

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#16 Ellareth

Ellareth

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Khamul The Easterling said:

Maybe (but probably not) we will get Khamul :)  This is probably his only chance to be in the game.  But it would make sense for him to be in here as this is were he plays his big part in the books.  We'll have to see. :)

Khamul

I would like to think that Nazgul of Dol Guldur from Escape from Dol Guldur scenario was Khamul, but admitably it could've been other 2 sidekick Nazgul that was with him.

Khamul as the unique Nazgul enemy for the first quest would be cool indeed, as he was the one chasing the Hobbits throughout the Shire and he is the only Nazgul named by Tolkien.

#17 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

I have no words for this.

Except for HOLY M*THERF*CKING SH*T!!!!!!!

This game keeps getting better and better. So we finally venture into the LOTR novels proper, and this looks like one hell of a saga expansion!!

Too hyped

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#18 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yeah I really like Khamul and Haldir because they are kinda not very big and popular characters.  I always like more mysterious things.  I hope we will be able to see both Khamul and Haldir.  :)

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#19 Ozil23

Ozil23

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Ok so after all of this, we can assure that the first part is the shire, hobbits, bree, in summary the journey of Frodo to Rivendell. So do you guys think maybe aragorn could appear as an ally? Or what heroes could come in the 2nd saga? I would suggest maybe the redoing of Gimli, Legolas or a ****** GANDALF, or some elves like Haldir, Galadriel, or maybe celeborn. What do you guys think?

#20 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

could not be more excited!!!! almost screamed out loud at work when i saw the update on my phone.  it will be so great to make some versatile hobbit decks as well as extremely thematic as well.  Just as a whole, the fact that there will be saga expansions for the entire lord of the rings is just fantastic…soo much to look forward to.

plus the second best part is all the RAMPANT INTERNET SPECULATION!!!!!

preseason predictions:

black rider heroes: bilbo, sam, pippin, & merry (it just makes too much sense otherwise (yes i know we are already getting pippin and possibly another hobbit in this cycle))

saga expansion 2 quests:

1: Passage over the misty mountains

2: Moria and the Balrog

3: Breaking of the fellowship near Rauros Falls

(considering the first 2 quests were kind of already covered in the darrowdelf cycle, maybe the 1st will be moria (they cant avoid it) and the 2nd will be a more original quest about making it to Lothlorien)

saga expansion 2 heroes:

remake of legolas and gimili along with celebron and Galadriel (although it would not surprise me one bit if ANOTHER new araogrn or a hero Haldir showed up…)

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS