How Many Core Sets?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4wallz

4wallz

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

In advance I'd like to apologize if this topic has already been covered.  But as the website is painfully slow when it comes to the forums (and searching for this info!), I will ask the question.  As a new AGoT player, I want to know how many core sets I should buy.  With the Star Wars LCG I bought two.  And had to get 3 core sets to get all copies for Netrunner. 

So do I need to purchase 3 core sets to get evey copy of the cards for AGoT?  Or are two core good enough because of the cards included?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

#2 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

You will need 3 Cores if you want to maximize efficiency and/or play tourneys, but for more casual play 2 will suffice (just proxy as many Valars as you need).  Some Houses need the third Core more than others; Targ wants 3x Forever Burning and Flame-Kissed and Lanni wants 3x Golden Tooth Mines, but Bara doesnt really need a third unless you want 3x Stannis… Stark doesn't even need a Core (the only card you need from it is Hodor) and can run with just a few CPs and the box expansion. 

CardGamedb has decklists for new players looking to build balanced decks from just the Core cards.

#3 4wallz

4wallz

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

Thanks for the advice!  :)

#4 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

If you want to play competitively, you need 3. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS