A Dark Time

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 jonmierow

jonmierow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

It great to see some of the cards coming out in this force pack. FFFG just released some info (http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4135).  Navy looks like they'll be getting a nice big boost with this pod.

#2 jonmierow

jonmierow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Forgot this one.

#3 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Well, Navy gets their first Hoth Objective.

Obviously the objective is really annoying, especially since you get to use it turn 1.  This set looks better and better the more I think about it.

2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 1xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 1xDecimator

#4 Warren12

Warren12

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

Unopposed bonus makes trooper swarms more appetizing.  I like it.

#5 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

#6 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

cooleo1c said:

I totally had that.

North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.

#7 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

I like it, also adds some flavor to the Probe Droids with vader, that enchancement is REALLY nice though.

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#8 JKoellner

JKoellner

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

I can see potential in splashing that pod into my Hoth Sith control deck to give it a bit of a boost when it comes to objective destruction (aka tourney tie-breakers).

Star Wars LCG - Level Up Games Minneapolis Season One 2014 - Regional Game Night Champion

#9 R2DooDoo

R2DooDoo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

I saw the art on this card and immediately had to look and see if this was the vehicle from the old Kenner line.  I never had this one because I had sort of outgrown the action figures by then.  I remember seeing this in the stores and catalogs and thinking "That thing's not in the movies!!!".   Still it was a great nostalgic touch.  Nice job, FFG.

#10 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

The Moraine card makes Death Squdron Star Destroyers a little scarier. With that in play, they can one-off most objectives.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#11 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

jonmierow said:

Forgot this one.

I find I am unconvinced of the pictured planet's Hothness. 

#12 flipperlord

flipperlord

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

MarthWMaster said:

jonmierow said:

Forgot this one.

I find I am unconvinced of the pictured planet's Hothness. 

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

#13 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

The objective title refers to the opening text crawl of Empire Strikes Back… at which time the Empire was gearing up to attack Hoth.

#14 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

The Gas said:

The objective title refers to the opening text crawl of Empire Strikes Back… at which time the Empire was gearing up to attack Hoth.

I have no qualms with the title. As I said, I'm looking at the planet in the picture, and noting how little it reminds me of the solid-white orb that is Hoth, especially when compared to what is seen on Deploy the Fleet, whose artwork is also drawn from Ralph McQuarrie's concept art. There are large stretches of green land visible on the planet's surface, which Hoth does not have. I would imagine it is actually meant to be the Endor moon, given that the action depicted on the card occurs during Return of the Jedi.

#15 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Warren12 said:

My first thought as well. It's hard to get Blast damage on troopers (Kuati Security Team are the only Troopers that have the icon, and they're all in Sith pods, you either have to rely on Trooper Assault or Navy Vader). You can tear through most anything the Light Side can put up as defense, but then you're just pinging objectives for one measly damage. The Moorsh Moraine will help speed the process along, plus you have Heavy Fire to get some more icon manipulation on your side.

#16 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

alpha5099 said:

Warren12 said:

My first thought as well. It's hard to get Blast damage on troopers (Kuati Security Team are the only Troopers that have the icon, and they're all in Sith pods, you either have to rely on Trooper Assault or Navy Vader). You can tear through most anything the Light Side can put up as defense, but then you're just pinging objectives for one measly damage. The Moorsh Moraine will help speed the process along, plus you have Heavy Fire to get some more icon manipulation on your side.

The DS Star Destroyers won't do squat against objectives with the First Marker out.

First Marker

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#17 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

That thing can protect two objectives at most, still leaving you with one legal target. I am much more scared of Subzero Defenses to be honest.

#18 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

Jedi_Knight said:

That thing can protect two objectives at most, still leaving you with one legal target. I am much more scared of Subzero Defenses to be honest.

Thank heavens that it is in a mediocre pod.

Welcome to the machine!

#19 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

I would be more concerned that you are running bad objectives. 

#20 superradjoe

superradjoe

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Looks like it's already shipping?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS