Jump to content



Photo

A Dark Time


  • Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 jonmierow

jonmierow

    Member

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

It great to see some of the cards coming out in this force pack. FFFG just released some info (http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4135).  Navy looks like they'll be getting a nice big boost with this pod.

 



#2 jonmierow

jonmierow

    Member

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Forgot this one.



#3 Hida77

Hida77

    Member

  • Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Well, Navy gets their first Hoth Objective.

Obviously the objective is really annoying, especially since you get to use it turn 1.  This set looks better and better the more I think about it.


2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

X-Wing Ships:

5xX-wing, 4xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 4xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290

8xTIE/LN, 5xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/B, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda


#4 Warren12

Warren12

    Member

  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

Unopposed bonus makes trooper swarms more appetizing.  I like it.



#5 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

    Member

  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:12 AM



#6 Holliday88

Holliday88

    Member

  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

cooleo1c said:

I totally had that.


North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.


#7 Magni

Magni

    Member

  • Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

I like it, also adds some flavor to the Probe Droids with vader, that enchancement is REALLY nice though.


+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.


#8 JKoellner

JKoellner

    Member

  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

I can see potential in splashing that pod into my Hoth Sith control deck to give it a bit of a boost when it comes to objective destruction (aka tourney tie-breakers).



#9 R2DooDoo

R2DooDoo

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

I saw the art on this card and immediately had to look and see if this was the vehicle from the old Kenner line.  I never had this one because I had sort of outgrown the action figures by then.  I remember seeing this in the stores and catalogs and thinking "That thing's not in the movies!!!".   Still it was a great nostalgic touch.  Nice job, FFG.



#10 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

The Moraine card makes Death Squdron Star Destroyers a little scarier. With that in play, they can one-off most objectives.


"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku


#11 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

jonmierow said:

Forgot this one.

I find I am unconvinced of the pictured planet's Hothness. 


"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#12 flipperlord

flipperlord

    Member

  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

MarthWMaster said:

jonmierow said:

 

Forgot this one.

 

 

I find I am unconvinced of the pictured planet's Hothness. 

I find your lack of faith disturbing.



#13 The Gas

The Gas

    Member

  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

The objective title refers to the opening text crawl of Empire Strikes Back… at which time the Empire was gearing up to attack Hoth.



#14 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

The Gas said:

 

The objective title refers to the opening text crawl of Empire Strikes Back… at which time the Empire was gearing up to attack Hoth.

 

 

I have no qualms with the title. As I said, I'm looking at the planet in the picture, and noting how little it reminds me of the solid-white orb that is Hoth, especially when compared to what is seen on Deploy the Fleet, whose artwork is also drawn from Ralph McQuarrie's concept art. There are large stretches of green land visible on the planet's surface, which Hoth does not have. I would imagine it is actually meant to be the Endor moon, given that the action depicted on the card occurs during Return of the Jedi.


"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#15 alpha5099

alpha5099

    Member

  • Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Warren12 said:

Unopposed bonus makes trooper swarms more appetizing.  I like it.

My first thought as well. It's hard to get Blast damage on troopers (Kuati Security Team are the only Troopers that have the icon, and they're all in Sith pods, you either have to rely on Trooper Assault or Navy Vader). You can tear through most anything the Light Side can put up as defense, but then you're just pinging objectives for one measly damage. The Moorsh Moraine will help speed the process along, plus you have Heavy Fire to get some more icon manipulation on your side.



#16 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

    Member

  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

alpha5099 said:

Warren12 said:

 

Unopposed bonus makes trooper swarms more appetizing.  I like it.

 

 

My first thought as well. It's hard to get Blast damage on troopers (Kuati Security Team are the only Troopers that have the icon, and they're all in Sith pods, you either have to rely on Trooper Assault or Navy Vader). You can tear through most anything the Light Side can put up as defense, but then you're just pinging objectives for one measly damage. The Moorsh Moraine will help speed the process along, plus you have Heavy Fire to get some more icon manipulation on your side.

The DS Star Destroyers won't do squat against objectives with the First Marker out.

First Marker



#17 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

    Member

  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

 

That thing can protect two objectives at most, still leaving you with one legal target. I am much more scared of Subzero Defenses to be honest.



#18 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

    Member

  • Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

Jedi_Knight said:

 

That thing can protect two objectives at most, still leaving you with one legal target. I am much more scared of Subzero Defenses to be honest.

Thank heavens that it is in a mediocre pod.


Welcome to the machine!


#19 TGO

TGO

    Member

  • Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

I would be more concerned that you are running bad objectives. 



#20 superradjoe

superradjoe

    Member

  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Looks like it's already shipping?






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS