Clone Troopers/Early Stormtroopers in EotE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

This question isn't a really big deal, but…I was thinking that I might set an EotE game a little earlier in the timeline, just a few years after the end of the Clone Wars, while clone troops would still be pretty common in the stormtrooper corps. From the movies, it sure looks like these guys would be a little more dangerous than non-clone stormtroopers such as those statted in the Beta rules. I don't feel like the characteristics for stormtroopers necessarily need to be beefed up. I wondered about making clone stormtroopers henchmen instead of minions, but that might make gameplay a little clunkier. Any ideas on how to make clone troops happen?

"Mr. Flibble is very cross."

--Arnold J. Rimmer

#2 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

For the most part, you really don't need to change anything in regards to the Stormtrooper minion stats.  You can just call them Clone Troopers and you're good to roll.

Now, that said, I think maybe adding a couple more Skills to the Stormtrooper minion's list would reflect the better training and combat experience that Clone Troopers would have.  Adding Vigilance would give them more of an edge when determining initiative as well as spotting/reacting to possible ambushes.  Maybe Cool as a representation of their more battle-hardened nerves?  The gear can be kept the same, as Clone Trooper armor really isn't all that much different than Stormtrooper armor aside from some design elements, and the same holds true with the rest of their gear.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#3 Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

A couple of extra skills might just do the job, and Vigilance and Cool seem like good choices to me. I aagree that the equipment list stays pretty much the same.

"Mr. Flibble is very cross."

--Arnold J. Rimmer

#4 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

You could give the minion group the talent Deadly Accuracy (I think, don't have book). It would give them the ability to do a little more damage as a group with diminishing returns as the group got smaller. This is to show they are a little more skilled and deadly.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS