Biggs ability vs Missiles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BigM2010

BigM2010

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

Biggs forces you to shoot at him if you legally can, when targeting another ship close to him. Does target lock with a missile attack negate this, because I understand target lock forces missile attack to only hit the ship that was locked (haven't noticed it in the rules tho'). Or does Bigg's ability force you to use guns instead of the missile attack that was planned?

What do you think?

#2 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

BigM2010 said:

Biggs forces you to shoot at him if you legally can, when targeting another ship close to him. Does target lock with a missile attack negate this, because I understand target lock forces missile attack to only hit the ship that was locked (haven't noticed it in the rules tho'). Or does Bigg's ability force you to use guns instead of the missile attack that was planned?

What do you think?

i suppose you have to use your primary weapon if you target locked onto someone else than Biggs. But that might be only my interpretation of things.

#3 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

FAQ makes this quite clear, you would have to use guns to shoot at Biggs instead of firing missiles at another ship if you could shoot at Biggs.

Q: Does Biggs Darklighter’s pilot ability require an attacker to use its primary weapon against Biggs, even if the attacker could use a secondary weapon against another ship at Range 1 of Biggs?
A: Yes. If possible, the attacker must target Biggs instead of any other ship at Range 1 of Biggs. If the attacker has more than one weapon available, it must use a weapon that can target Biggs.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 5 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s<p>Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas

#4 BigM2010

BigM2010

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

Sorry to waste your time, guys. I printed the FAQs off, and read them, but missed that bit about biggs

#5 Cptnhalfbeard

Cptnhalfbeard

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Well, the way I see it - if it helped you, then it wasn't a waste of time.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS