Books binding quality

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Natherul

Natherul

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Out of curuosity I was wondering if anyone else had issues with the binding of the BC core book? My DH book (which is older) is fine and exellent quality but the BC books biding has all gone and undone itself…. -.-

#2 NytemareRhosyn

NytemareRhosyn

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Nope bindings are very weak for that book

#3 SqueakMaan

SqueakMaan

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

I too have a book in which the binding has come undone.  Quite frustrating considering how high the price for the book is.

#4 Korrh

Korrh

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

My friend and I have BC core books with bindings undone. Very frustrating.

#5 Illithidelderbrain

Illithidelderbrain

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

My BC and DH binding are becoming, or have already come, undone. Shoddy craftsmanship.

Edited by Illithidelderbrain, 12 July 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#6 profit of ruin

profit of ruin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

The binding on my copy of the BC core has come undone. Contacted FFG customer service, they said they would send me a new copy.

#7 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

The only 40k book I have that has failed me is DH core. BC is holding up quite admirably.

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

#8 Lazzuu

Lazzuu

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

Both my DH and BC rulebooks' bindings will soon be undone. Having paid 60 euros for each book, I would have expected something a lot better. :I Now, whenever I hand my book over to a player I have to caution them to treat my book like a newborn.

#9 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

My book took a small bump last weekend during a session and the entire glued section behind the spine became undone.

Certainly not the same quality as my DH book.

Edited by Keffisch, 31 July 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#10 Obetor

Obetor

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:56 AM

The binding on my copy of the BC core has come undone. Contacted FFG customer service, they said they would send me a new copy.

Did you buy the book directly from FFG or?

• Erik

#11 Saldre

Saldre

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

Thats weird because our DH book fell apart- but we've had it for several years now. 

#12 profit of ruin

profit of ruin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Didn't buy from FFG. Received my new copy last week. Has been used at the gaming table since. Binding seems to be ok at this point. I say contact FFG if you have this problem.

#13 deadlyhammer

deadlyhammer

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

I had problems with my first two copies of the core rulebook. I contacted customer service by email. They asked for pictures of the binding issues, which I supplied. Three or four weeks later, new book arrived in the mail. That one also had binding issues, but I figured two books was enough to last whatever the group would do to it. I mentioned it to the same customer service rep by email, and he sent another one no questions asked. It is a known issue, but maybe they've fixed it on subsequent printings?

#14 Brother Orpheo

Brother Orpheo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

I own a copy of (almost) every 40K RPG publication, and not a single one has had binding issues. My Dark Heresy book is the Black Industries printing, and though the cover has seen better days the binding is still quite tight.

I worried about this issue when I first made the purchase- I own several hardback copies of the WFRP 1st Ed printings, which completely dropped their covers, and I had to research binding repair and fix them myself. And one of my friends purchased a Black Industries printing of the Dark Heresy book, and its cover came completely free within a few weeks.

I kinda feel bad about not having any problems. Kinda.

=][=

#15 LaBombaFrita

LaBombaFrita

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

I've managed to find a few areas that look like they could be trouble later given a little wear, but I think as long as I take care of it it will be fine.

#16 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

In comparison, my DH book (which is ancient by now) has taken a lot of knocks and it is still holding together perfectly.

#17 BinarySecond

BinarySecond

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

I got BC this Christmas from Amazon, and it's first few bundles of pages (I don't know the technical term) Have pulled away from the glue on the spine - Needless to say I'm very disappointed but I'm lucky that I'm in the UK and can easily argue it's not fit for purpose and get a replacement.

But if this is common with FFG books I'm going to be less enthusiastic about acquiring DH 2nd Ed. when it's released

Update: Amazon were happy to replace the book and the new one should arrive shortly

Edited by BinarySecond, 12 February 2014 - 02:54 AM.

#18 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

For what it is worth, I own all Dark Heresy books, Black Crusade books, Rogue Trader books and most of the DeathWatch books.

The Black Crusade core book is the first one I have had issues with.

#19 BinarySecond

BinarySecond

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

Yeah I might just stick to buying from my local shop in future (Black Crusade was a Christmas gift from my mother) Just because it makes it easier to deal with any issues I might face.

That being said I do believe it's just a small minority of the FFG books that are suffering - Roll on DH 2ed!

Update: Replacement book came, definitely in better condition than the first copy though it's making similar noises, though not quite as pronounced. It's sounds a bit like pulling tape off something, the sound of something sticky pulling away from something.

Edited by BinarySecond, 18 February 2014 - 03:14 AM.

#20 Tamati Khan

Tamati Khan

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

Binding is coming off my BC core rulebook.

Tamati "Tom" Khan

1983 - 2014

Was happiest when discussing all things Miniature Wargaming and Star Wars.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS