X-Wing & Tie Fighter expansion packs

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ex-wing

Ex-wing

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

Has anyone heard anything new about when these will be back in stock.  Aside from the scalpers on amazon & ebay. I can't find any for a decent price. :(

I hope there not OOP I want the pilot cards in those expansions. atontado

#2 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

The upcoming page says that a reprint of wave one is "at the factory" as we speak.

#3 JMichael

JMichael

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

If you already own at least 1 of each expansion pack (and thus have the pilot and upgrade cards), then you can just pick up another copy of the Core box set for $30-35USD. That will get you 3 ships for the price of 2ish, plus an extra set of templates!

#4 Eyefink

Eyefink

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

This is a cash cow for FFG right now (and probably for some time to come) so I very much doubt anything will remain out of stock. Like Vonpenguin said, it's at the factory right now so I wouldn't worry too much. Believe you me, I'm keeping a very close eye on that X-Wing expansion as well. =]

#5 esmolinski

esmolinski

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Eyefink said:

This is a cash cow for FFG right now (and probably for some time to come) so I very much doubt anything will remain out of stock. Like Vonpenguin said, it's at the factory right now so I wouldn't worry too much. Believe you me, I'm keeping a very close eye on that X-Wing expansion as well. =]

Cash cow? I'm sure they are barely breaking even right now. Initial cost and development plus a liscensing fee I'm sure put FFG in a pretty good hole. Thankfully they make and distrubute a lot of games. Eventually this could be a cash cow… I always find it interesting when people post about how much profit FFG makes on this game yet they (FFG) are letting popular games like Dust Tactics/Warfare go. Something tells me they are restructuring so they can make that "cash cow" some day.

#6 relasine

relasine

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'm not disappointed in the stock problem because I want to buy more stuff.  I'm disappointed because I can't get other people to be interested in the game beyond the starter box, since that, the YT-1300, and the Firespray are the only things that can be found with regularity.  I'd really like to push this game at my store, but until the stock problem is fixed, there's no point, and only a handful of people who own enough miniatures to play 100-point games.

#7 DingusFett

DingusFett

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

Right now I'd love to just get packs of cards for the X-Wing and TIE Fighters so I can just get core sets to make up my numbers without losing out on the upgrades the expansions come with.

#8 JMichael

JMichael

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

I do see them available and in stock at some online retailers.

Just do a Google shoppnig search for X-Wing expansion (do teh search in google, then click on the [more] pull down button at the top and select [shopping]

For example, this shop has 2 of the TIE fighter expansion in stock (out of the X-Wing though).

http://www.chaosmail...CFUOe4Aod3DwAvw

#9 billpiece

billpiece

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

In my neck of the woods I have been unable to find expansions ships at local retailers.

Then I had a thought in the middle of the night and decided to follow up on it.  I went to Barnes and Noble bookstore.  If the Store is marked as having a "Toys and Games" department they should stock the Core Game and Wave 1 expansions.

Last week I was able to pick up an X-wing, TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced and a Y-Wing, and the store still had another X-Wing, TIE Fighter and TIE Advanced which I left behind for the next lucky soul to discover this apparently hidden cache of Wave 1 ships.

Note:  Barnes and Noble often will send out coupons which are good on the ships.

Note:  Being a Barnes and Noble Member gets you 10% off the MSRP of the ships.

Thursday when I picked up my X-Wing I got 10% off for being a member and 20% off with an in store coupon.  Walked out with my X-Wing for $10.

Since I've benefited from this, I figured I'd pass it along.

#10 Akran

Akran

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

Yeah I just posted the other day about finding wave 1 expansions at Barnes and Noble. You can check on their website if they have stock in stores near you.

#11 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

Also at Barnes and Noble if you are a teacher, you can get the Educator's Discount card. You get 20% off with that. (Though unlike the paid membership card you can't stack that discount with other coupons.)

Be seeing you.

#12 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

magadizer said:

Also at Barnes and Noble if you are a teacher, you can get the Educator's Discount card. You get 20% off with that. (Though unlike the paid membership card you can't stack that discount with other coupons.)

Just so I'm not the only one suffering… Are the ships educational because you're taking your opponents to school?

#13 Tashiro31

Tashiro31

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I am going to third the Barnes and Noble idea. I was able to pick up the last solo X-Wing expansion on Long Island but they have plent of the TIE, TIE Advance, Y-Wing, Millenium Falcon, Slave I and core set. Harderst ships to come by is by far the solo X-Wing with the Inteceptor being a close second. A-Wing just came back in stock at Cool Stuff but it was out for a while. Between Amazon, B&N and Cool Stuff I was able to pick up 2 everything except the solo X-Wing (only got the 1) and I didnt feel the need to get two of the Falcon or Slave I.

#14 relasine

relasine

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Akran said:

Yeah I just posted the other day about finding wave 1 expansions at Barnes and Noble. You can check on their website if they have stock in stores near you.

I checked my local B&N the other day, and they actually had a bunch of expansion packs (TIE/A, Y-Wing, TIE/F, A-Wing) despite the fact that my local game stores haven't been able to get them for a few weeks now.  

#15 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

Www.beyondcomics.com has a bunch of xwing expansions in stock…they are based in Maryland.

#16 esmolinski

esmolinski

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

relasine said:

Akran said:

I checked my local B&N the other day, and they actually had a bunch of expansion packs (TIE/A, Y-Wing, TIE/F, A-Wing) despite the fact that my local game stores haven't been able to get them for a few weeks now.  

I am guessing this is because everyone first buys from their LGS. Once that supply runs out, people hit the internet hard and once that is dry then people start looking at Barnes and Nobles or Target as a last resort before Amazon and Ebay.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS