Star Wars Agendas

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 superradjoe

superradjoe

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Anyone else think it would be cool if FFG implemented an "agenda" like card for the SW LCG?

#2 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

I think its inevitable, I think the game is made by the same developer.

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#3 videinfra

videinfra

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

superradjoe said:

Anyone else think it would be cool if FFG implemented an "agenda" like card for the SW LCG?

You would think that's what an "objective" would be.

#4 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

I would like to see a "Secondary Objective" card type, where you can play them from your hand during the Deployment Phase, and they provide an awesome action / lasting effect, and they have slightly lower health than a standard objective. It could be attacked like a regular objective, but If its destroyed, it's discard instead of going to the victory pile.

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

superradjoe said:

I think it far more likely we will see different versions of the affiliations with different reserve value, resource production and maybe even an ability and a draw back similar to the AGoT agendas.

#6 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

JMCB said:

I would like to see a "Secondary Objective" card type, where you can play them from your hand during the Deployment Phase, and they provide an awesome action / lasting effect, and they have slightly lower health than a standard objective. It could be attacked like a regular objective, but If its destroyed, it's discard instead of going to the victory pile.

I like this idea. I also would like to see some objectives that you can "complete" before they're destroyed, for some lasting benefit. Or cards that can enhance objectives with this effect. It's probably the name that bugs me. I don't like the present state, where "objectives" exist only to provide resources and be destroyed by your opponent. I dunno, JBM.

#7 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

Toqtamish said:

I think it far more likely we will see different versions of the affiliations with different reserve value, resource production and maybe even an ability and a draw back similar to the AGoT agendas.

Yeah, I can't imagine they'd print the reserve value on every single faction card if they didn't plan to eventually have different values at some point.  You could have something like Empire Ascendant to represent things at the end of TESB, with the Imperial Navy getting a reserve of 7.  They could even have other effects on the faction cards, like removing extra focus tokens and the like.  It would make choosing your faction a little more of a decision.

#8 videinfra

videinfra

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

MarthWMaster said:

JMCB said:

I like this idea. I also would like to see some objectives that you can "complete" before they're destroyed, for some lasting benefit. Or cards that can enhance objectives with this effect. It's probably the name that bugs me. I don't like the present state, where "objectives" exist only to provide resources and be destroyed by your opponent. I dunno, JBM.

Totally agree. Objectives should have been "locations" and later ther could have introduced these ideas of real objectives that you're talking about. What have created a better sense of battling at a place (not all objectives have a location) and plus a real objective concept. I don't think I was into the ame as much until Hoth came out and it felt like you were battling for a location. 

#9 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

The game is excellent how it is, for now. I think that it is much too early to think about adding in completely new dynamics and structures. The objective system is excellent, and the semi-random nature of objective selection is great. 

The game is solid. I think that new objectives and new cards are enough. 

If they add some other type of card (e.g., an agenda-like card), everyone will start running those, and then they will print cards that give incentive not to run them, and in the end they add a layer of complexity that washes itself out…

The design of SW was excellent. I think that new cards and new objectives are enough to keep the game vibrant and exciting for a long time into the future. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#10 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

JMCB said:

The first thing that struck me reading this was "Conspiracies from Cthulhu". Not entirely sure why, but still. Anyway, I think it's entirely possible that we'll get to see something like this, and (hopefully) not entirely too far off in the future either. I do enjoy seeing the ways the designers mess with game designs like this.

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS