Use of fatigue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Baradiel

Baradiel

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

So I am preparing for an upcoming Only War campaign, which will focus in the liberation of a world from Xenos occupation. One of the things I plan on hitting the PCs with is a rather liberal awarding of fatigue. My idea is that as they are coming of the line here and there, they start being faced with the choice of plugging the rumor mill for information, making logistics rolls for gear, OR resting. Later on when I actually have them deep in enemy territory, they will be forced to actually balance rest to do away with fatigue points and conducting patrols. I think this gives a very grim sense of realism to the game. I was wondering if any of you have done similarly in your own games?

#2 Musclewizard

Musclewizard

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

I haven't actually used fatigue that much but I like the idea. However I think it's important to remember that -10 to all rolls isn't very interesting by itself.

I'm not sure if you already have this planned but I think you should give them access to Stimm, either from their own supplies or from looting it. This is important I feel because you can use Stimm to ward off fatigue long enough to finish a fight without that nasty -10 to all rolls however use it more then once per day and you risk addiction. (See rules for adiction to drugs).

#3 Baradiel

Baradiel

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Musclewizard said:

I haven't actually used fatigue that much but I like the idea. However I think it's important to remember that -10 to all rolls isn't very interesting by itself.

I'm not sure if you already have this planned but I think you should give them access to Stimm, either from their own supplies or from looting it. This is important I feel because you can use Stimm to ward off fatigue long enough to finish a fight without that nasty -10 to all rolls however use it more then once per day and you risk addiction. (See rules for adiction to drugs).

I like that.  Drugs obviously come with their own problems.

#4 Robomummy

Robomummy

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

maybe give them access to the drugs but also there is a chance of addiction to them. addiction can cause negative modifiers to such things like awareness, ballistic skill, fellowship, etc for every so often that they do not get the drugs. then  of course there are the commissars to deal with.

Check out my podcast Buckets Of Dice where myself and a friend review how to start various different kinds of tabletop, roleplaying, and CCG games. http://bucketsofdice.podomatic.com/ Each episode focuses on a new game, we discuss a little about the game's backround, rules, how to start/ what to buy, and a little about the company.  

#5 Baradiel

Baradiel

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Robomummy said:

maybe give them access to the drugs but also there is a chance of addiction to them. addiction can cause negative modifiers to such things like awareness, ballistic skill, fellowship, etc for every so often that they do not get the drugs. then  of course there are the commissars to deal with.

Definately a possibility.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS