Squad List…. outside the box

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sinclair5150

sinclair5150

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

There is no doubt that there are some lists that are doing very well in the national meta this regional season, such as Han Shoots First, various versions of the TIE swarm, etc.  However, this game seems to have a healthy degree of parity in the overall ships and upgrades that I feel that almost any list can be taken and win if flown properly.  So I'm wondering what sort of "outside the box" lists are you toying around with or would love to try out competitively.  Here are a few of mine (some are more outside than others)

Redshift Riders  (crit fishin')

Maarek Stele w/ Marksmenship
Bounty Hunter w/ Merc Co-Pilot
Bounty Hunter w/Merc Co-Pilot

Banking (hoping) for crits.  Soften up with the BHs, then swoop in Maarek with R1 3 attack Marksmenship w/ his ability.

Rogue Leader

Luke w/ VI
Rookie X-Wing
Green Squadron w/ VI, Assault Missiles
Green Squadron w/ VI, Assault Missiles

Just different…

Big Game Hunters

Boba Fett w/ Expose, HLC, Seismic Charges, Gunner
Mauler Mithel w/ Expose, Stealth
Backstabber w/ Stealth

Deal as much damage as quickly as possible at R1…probably not enough, but still….

Heroes of Endor

Lando w/ MF, VI
Wedge w/ Swarm
Rookie X-Wing

99pts. for initiative, 3 PS 9 attacks

Tycho's Spear

Tycho w/ Assault Missiles, PTL, Stealth
Rookie X-Wing x 3

Mostly just for theme, need to hit with that missile

#2 jboweruk

jboweruk

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

We did a tourney at my club and this is what I took, didn't do bad: YT1300 with smuggler and Luke Skywalker. Horton Salm with 2X Proton Torpedoes, R2F2 unit, and a rookie pilot. It came all told to 100 points dead on, oh yeah, Horton had the ion turret too. I didn't do bad, made it across the first board despite having a Firespray, 2 interceptors anda TIE all over me like a cheap suit. I made a small error over the death star with my Y-wing and it cost me, with 2 sets of PT's had I got in the trench where I was, and done a straight in run the 25 points for the DS would've been mine. :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS