• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

#2 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

When I was at star wars weekend and my cuz asked about it they grinned and said no comment at this time.  It's a turret.

#3 tinnitus

tinnitus

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

What's the rulecard behind the ion token rulecard?

#4 tinnitus

tinnitus

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

And why does it come with two stress tokens and a bunch of focus tokens?

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

tinnitus said:

I think that it's the modifications and titles rules. Since it comes with a Title upgrade and the core rules don't explain those it would need an explanation included. Just because we all already know those rules from wave 2 doesn't mean that somebody in the future won't buy this before they buy one of the large wave 2 ships :-)

#6 tinnitus

tinnitus

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

dbmeboy said:

tinnitus said:

I think that it's the modifications and titles rules. Since it comes with a Title upgrade and the core rules don't explain those it would need an explanation included. Just because we all already know those rules from wave 2 doesn't mean that somebody in the future won't buy this before they buy one of the large wave 2 ships :-)

Darn, you might be right! No rulesheet with a new scenario then, huh?

#7 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

Blaster turret meaning 360° firing arc? (I'm guessing so). But I don't think so, unless they change something. Why? Look closely at one of the HWK ship cards. On the firepower icon, there's no little arrow around the outside. Which sadly means no turret. BUT I am interested in what that no comment could mean….

#8 tinnitus

tinnitus

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

Ailowynn said:

Blaster turret meaning 360° firing arc? (I'm guessing so). But I don't think so, unless they change something. Why? Look closely at one of the HWK ship cards. On the firepower icon, there's no little arrow around the outside. Which sadly means no turret. BUT I am interested in what that no comment could mean….

Not true, I think. Ion cannon turret is also a viable option, meaning 360° firing arc. That arrow only applies for primary weapon.

#9 Germaniac

Germaniac

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

Ailowynn said:

Blaster turret meaning 360° firing arc? (I'm guessing so). But I don't think so, unless they change something. Why? Look closely at one of the HWK ship cards. On the firepower icon, there's no little arrow around the outside. Which sadly means no turret.

Im not sure, but i think the Y-wing doesen't have the little arrow too. That would mean that they don't have 360 per default but the turret card adds it, so maybe 360 Blaster

#10 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

IF……

it is a turret upgrade, that may also open options for the Y-Wing as well…..

Not that I don't like Y's with Ion cannons, but a little diversity might be cool?

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#11 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

Germaniac said:

Ailowynn said:

Blaster turret meaning 360° firing arc? (I'm guessing so). But I don't think so, unless they change something. Why? Look closely at one of the HWK ship cards. On the firepower icon, there's no little arrow around the outside. Which sadly means no turret.

Im not sure, but i think the Y-wing doesen't have the little arrow too. That would mean that they don't have 360 per default but the turret card adds it, so maybe 360 Blaster

Oooookay so you're saying that one of the turret upgrade cards is a 360°? That makes sense. 

#12 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

Ailowynn said:

Germaniac said:

Ailowynn said:

Oooookay so you're saying that one of the turret upgrade cards is a 360°? That makes sense. 

Exactly. Just like the Ion Cannon Turret upgrade card allows you to target outside of the firing arc

#13 TacticalBastrd

TacticalBastrd

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

A blaster turret would be pretty sweet. And if you could use it on Y-wings it would be great to have little mini tanks flying around. 

"The probability of a successful dice roll is inversely proportional to the relative amount of negative impact its failure will have on your character."  -Murphy's RPG Corollary-

Co-Host of The Sabacc Table Podcast

#14 Jaravak

Jaravak

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

if it's any decent, it kills the Outter Rim Smuggler.

#15 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

So what are the stats likely to be for this blaster turret?

My guess it has to be a 2 dice Attack with range band 1-3, secondary weapon. 

A cost of 5 points would seem about right.  But would this make the ion cannon no longer viable?  Shorter range and less damage but with a "nuisance" value of the ion token vs huge fire arc and killing power?  A mixed lot of Y wings with both ion and blaster turrets would be very cool!

Never Mynock the Buzzsaw Shuttles!

#16 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Welp, that tears it, guess I'll be getting four HWK-290s so as to re-arm my Y-Wings and make them useful again. Good thing I already have a paint scheme idea picked out.

Eager to see what's in this pack now. Can't come soon enough!

#17 Boomer_J

Boomer_J

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Norsehound said:

Good thing I already have a paint scheme idea picked out.

MAN the Home World game series was awesome!!!!!!!

#18 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

DB Draft said:

So what are the stats likely to be for this blaster turret?

My guess it has to be a 2 dice Attack with range band 1-3, secondary weapon. 

A cost of 5 points would seem about right.  But would this make the ion cannon no longer viable?  Shorter range and less damage but with a "nuisance" value of the ion token vs huge fire arc and killing power?  A mixed lot of Y wings with both ion and blaster turrets would be very cool!

If those were the stats though an ion would also be more accurate with three dice, even with capped damage I'd still take an ion in most cases. Though agreed that a mixed force would be good, Dutch hanging out at range three, sniping with a blaster turret as he hands out target locks while generic y's swoop through the pack ioning everything in sight.

#19 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

wondering what that sabateur card does?

c

#20 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Some random ideas for the saboteur (pure speculation)

"One enemy ship within range x immediately recieves a critical hit card, then discard this card".

This implies damage to a onboard system on an enemy ship.  It could not be cancelled by shields, or Wookies!

or

"One enemy ship within range x that has placed their movement dial has it randomly changed by the other player, then discard this card"

This represents somesort of disabling device that has been activated.

Never Mynock the Buzzsaw Shuttles!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS