Wave 3 Analysis/speculation

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jaravak

Jaravak

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

I noticed that the preview includes the card fans, so I took a closer look at them. I've identified all but 9 cards, which I numbered. I was hoping that someone might be able to make better sense of these than I.

Edit: This forum sucks, Right click > open image in new tab. Or hit up the other discussions.

Board Game Geek Link:

A Few Manuvers Link:

?? #1
Reference card, possibly says Modification. Implying that the HWK-290 uses different rules for Modifications, possibly more than 1.

?? #2
Blaster Turret.
The second word is turret, implying that we'll get a new turret to use with the Y-Wing. It has an expanded Attack header, Attack (Focus) perhaps?

?? #3
See ?? #8

?? #4
New reference card. Possibly says "Using". Based on the spacing, it does not say Reference Card #3 like the Bomb Token. Though that one may only be numbered because it's the same name; it may explain using bombs because lots of people didn't seem to understand them well.

?? #5
Darth Vader
This is a unique card because of the bullet (•) and has the same "Imperial Only" restriction as the Rebel Captive. The image is Darth Vader, and the Lambda-Class Shuttle can't take Elite Pilot Talents, so I'm hoping it's Vader.

?? #6
Similar artwork to the Advanced Sensors. I'm assuming it's a sensor array upgrade.

?? #7
Crew member, judging by the icon. Appears to be an imperial officer

?? #8
Intelligence Agent
Crew member, judging by the icon. This appears to be the same card as ?? #3, meaning it can be used by both sides.

?? #9
Anti-Projectile Laser?
The only upgrade cards without icons are titles, which the ST-321 already is, and modifications. The fact that it comes with 2 is a giveaway for modification, just like wave 2.

B-Wing

HWK-290

Tie Bomber

Lambda-Class Shuttle

#2 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

I also found this on a facebook page - not sure of the origin though:

#3 executor

executor

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

double post.. man these forums suck

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 4 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's

#4 executor

executor

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

pretty sure anti-persuit laser is fan made and not official

Current Fleet

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's

#5 sinclair5150

sinclair5150

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

Darn, I was already thinking up silly kamikaze squads like this one:

Arvel Crynyd w/ Assault missle, Stealth Device

Outer Rim Smuggleer x 2, both with Anti-Pursuit Lasers and Gunners.

#6 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

executor said:

pretty sure anti-persuit laser is fan made and not official

You may be absolutely right, but I want to point out that the layout of the words and symbols do match what we can see of the card in the official picture of the card fan…

#7 rowdyoctopus

rowdyoctopus

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

That Anti-Pursuit Lasers card looks exactly like mystery card #9.  Plus, it would account for the rear-mounted defensive laser the Lambda Shuttle has that people were saying should have granted it a rear firing arc.  I mean, not 100% exactly, but if the shuttles are equipped with a rear-mounted defensive laser, you would think it would be for anti-pursuit.

#8 executor

executor

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

even if it is true or really close to what it does.. 2 pts is far too cheap for an ability that can be abused like that.. especially if you can't even roll defense against it

Current Fleet

#9 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

rowdyoctopus said:

That Anti-Pursuit Lasers card looks exactly like mystery card #9.  Plus, it would account for the rear-mounted defensive laser the Lambda Shuttle has that people were saying should have granted it a rear firing arc.  I mean, not 100% exactly, but if the shuttles are equipped with a rear-mounted defensive laser, you would think it would be for anti-pursuit.

I agree, looks almost identical, title-wise.  And does make sense.  Seems really cheap for what it is, but maybe not =).

To OP - Thanks, lots of good info.  Really all we are missing now is the costs/pilot abilities/last few gaps.

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

X-Wing Ships:

5xX-wing, 4xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 4xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290

8xTIE/LN, 5xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/B, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda

#10 Jaravak

Jaravak

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

From the A Few Manuvers Forum:

Apparently, that is a mock up used for play-testing that was 'leaked'. From what I understand, this may or may not be the final wording and/or stats for the upgrade.

I agree though that this is a VERY interesting upgrade.

#11 jedi moose

jedi moose

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

If that Anti Pursuit Lasers card is correct, I think 2 points is a fair price. The card doesn't say when you overlap another ship, it says when an enemy ship overlaps you. So unless you are flying a pilot with a low pilot skill and can very accurately predict your opponents move, it would be hard to abuse this card. I see this card as more of a punishment for your opponents poor flying. And its only a 50% chance that the enemy would even take 1 damage. 2 pts seems about right IMO.

#12 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

jedi moose said:

If that Anti Pursuit Lasers card is correct, I think 2 points is a fair price. The card doesn't say when you overlap another ship, it says when an enemy ship overlaps you. So unless you are flying a pilot with a low pilot skill and can very accurately predict your opponents move, it would be hard to abuse this card. I see this card as more of a punishment for your opponents poor flying. And its only a 50% chance that the enemy would even take 1 damage. 2 pts seems about right IMO.

Pairs well with Outer Rim Smuggler….

Be seeing you.

#13 MajorWesJanson

MajorWesJanson

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

PS8 B-Wing looks like Ten Numb as the pilot.

PS4 B-Wing is Nova Squadron Pilot

PS8 Bomber looks like Major Rymer

PS6 Bomber looks like Captain Jonus

?? #3 on the Crow is Intelligence Agent (pilot)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS