• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Authenticait

Authenticait

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

http://netrunner-mat...nomy-cards.html

The sequel to my Runner Economy Cards write up. I hope y'all like this one as much. Also, I hope you complain less about my not including the click to draw the card.

#2 Traden Myr

Traden Myr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

An interesting read, although I disagree with some of the rankings. Thanks for posting.

Also, Matrix Analyzer does not combo with Simone Diego, just as it does not combo with Because We Built It. Because Matrix Analyzer places "1 advancement token on a card that can be advanced" rather than actually advancing a card, recurring credits used for advancing cards can not be used! Semantics really IMO, but the ruling was already made for the Weyland ID + Matrix Analyzer.

#3 Authenticait

Authenticait

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

Yeah. My bad on Matrix + Simone. I edited it.

#4 AussieKSU

AussieKSU

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

There's a TON being missed in your economy thinking.

Just for example, hostile takeover puts archer online - easily. Intrinsic benefit that is hard to measure. However, what is not hard to measure is credit/card payout.

Data Mine for example, which is certainly not "paying for itself".

In order to use, it costs the corp:

1 card

1 click to install

I total 2 "points" worth of investement, if card and click are equal in value. We could discuss these "values" more if you want…

It changes the game state by :

-1 card for the runner

I get that using Data Mine is actually a -1 (-2 investment, +1 return) for the corp. So, why ever run it? Because it can couple with other cards to end the game - a difficult thing to measure. However, now you have to ask, is putting it in front of that "chum", which is now another intrinsic "cost" to datamine even worth it… things start to get hariy with measurement.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS