Strategy for dragon expansion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rueclaude

rueclaude

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

I have only played the dragon expansion once (using the inner region side with the crypt / mines / etc), but I'm wondering since the new inner region is a lot harder than the original and since you need to have a high value for both craft and strength, isn't it a lot easier to just go for the arnkell / cloak of feathers instead?  For those of you who have played a lot with the dragon expansion what do you usually do?

#2 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

The Dragon expansion has a very hard Inner Region. You're right, it's best to use the Arnkell or Cloak of Feathers to get all the way to the Crown.

But it is not always so easy to receive either of these items from the Highlands or Dungeon' end-boss scenarios. Throwing the City into the equasion means it might be easier to level up at the academy and get enough weapsons, etc. to build up your levels if you most likely have to go the long way to the CoC.

#3 rueclaude

rueclaude

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

I'm probably missing something since I only played one game with the dragon, but if someone has something like 5 strength and 12 craft he would have a very good chance to get the cloak of feathers, but would be too weak to get past the hydra dragon and maybe also the new crypt if he's unlucky with the number of dragon scales.  So wouldn't it be always best for everybody to just rush for the arnkell / cloak of feathers as soon as they are strong enough since at that time they would be too weak for the dragon inner region?  With the original inner region there was some balance that seems to be completely lost with the dragon inner region. 

#4 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Remember, one could also use the Dragon's Realm  and Dragon's Tower rule. In that case, one must either get both the Arnkell and Cloak of Feathers, or just be a man and fight through one or both regions.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS