A Doubt with the Arborec Racial rules.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mentak lagarto

Mentak lagarto

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hello to everyone! Hope you can help me with a doubt we had last weekend.

We've been playing TI last saturday when a conflict appears among us. The argument  was about the built capacity of the arborec ground forces, and its restriction about building PDS. On the one hand, in the FAQ's we can read that the arborec can build SHIPS with their GF units, but in the other hand, in the rulebook there are a restriction about building a PDS (not a ship) in system without Space docks. As a consequence, we had a very long and exhausting dispute.

In order to that, this is my question:

- Does the Arborec ground forces count as a Space Dock in every building cases?. Despite of the Production Card, wich is consigned on the FAQ's already.

- Could I build a PDS on a System not containing a Space Dock?.

Thank all of you for your help.

#2 Nehkrimah

Nehkrimah

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

The Arborec GF have a build capacity of 1, and that can be used on any unit a Space Dock can build.

Ground Forces and PDS can only be placed on the planet of the producing Space Dock, in this case that would be the planet that each GF is on.

There is no rule about producing PDS in a system without SD, only on a planet without a SD.

- Does the Arborec ground forces count as a Space Dock in every building cases?. Despite of the Production Card, wich is consigned on the FAQ's already.

The Arborec Ground forces never count as a Space Dock, they can just produce the same units in the same circumstances as a Space Dock can, so for instance, they cannot use any of the production techs that reference Space Docks, (Like Enviro Compensator or Sarween Tools). I feel the Integrated economy wouldn't be broken with Arborec, but RAW, it wouldn't work with their GF building.

- Could I build a PDS on a System not containing a Space Dock?

Yes, The Arborec could build a PDS in a system that didn't contain a Space Dock, but the planet the PDS is produced on would need to have 1 GF per PDS produced on that planet (With the usual maximum of 2 PDS per planet)

#3 Phoenixx

Phoenixx

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Nehkrimah said:

The Arborec GF have a build capacity of 1, and that can be used on any unit a Space Dock can build.

except additional GF - Arborec can only build those at an existing Space Dock.

#4 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Phoenixx said:

Nehkrimah said:

except additional GF - Arborec can only build those at an existing Space Dock.

I believe it's the other way around if memory serves. GFs are the one unit the Arborec Space Docks can't build.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#5 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

Fnoffen said:

I believe it's the other way around if memory serves. GFs are the one unit the Arborec Space Docks can't build.

If that's true, then what happens if the Arborec player loses all of his GF currently on the board?  He can never build GF again?

#6 Nehkrimah

Nehkrimah

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

The Arborec Flagship can also produce GF, but it is definately possible to lose all your GF, not have enough resources for the Flagship and be unable to produce GF from then on.

#7 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Steve-O said:

Fnoffen said:

If that's true, then what happens if the Arborec player loses all of his GF currently on the board?  He can never build GF again?

One might think so. However, the Arborecs third racial ability adresses this quite nicely: "At the start of the Status Phase, place 1 Ground Force on one planet you control." Also: memory did serve. The Arborecs first racial is as follows: "You may not build Ground Forces with your Space Docks."

#8 Kouteki

Kouteki

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Also note that each Arborec ground force can produce only one ground force for 1 resource (due to their production capacity). If you research their racial tech that increases their capacity by 1, you can produce two ground forces for 1 resource.

Once planted planetside Arborec become virtually impossible to root out :)

#9 desepchun

desepchun

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

Yeah, the Arborec are easily one of strongest invasion forces in the game across all expansions. Of course their racial trait makes them a great target for the Nekro.

#10 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

Yeah, the Arborec are easily one of strongest invasion forces in the game across all expansions. Of course their racial trait makes them a great target for the Nekro.

How so? If you mean the racial tech that increase the build capacity of the Arborec GF's it's off limits to the Necrovirus since they may not copy a racial tech that modifies a racial ability.

#11 Bowoodstock

Bowoodstock

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

You could feasibly steal bioplasmosis, the one that lets you move ground forces around.  Could be semi useful, if you need a chance to get someone to stop an invasion, and steal a tech at the same time.  There is also the fact that they start with anti-mass and stasis caps, something nekro does not start with, and of course ANY battle you can go into with the ability to gain something is a good thing.

• Fnoffen likes this

#12 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

True.

#13 freakgib

freakgib

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

i have a question if the Arborec have 1 ground force on a planet they can produce 1 unit when building

what happens if they have more GF on a planet can they then also produce more units when building

or stil just 1 and need to get a tech to increase production.

#14 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

i have a question if the Arborec have 1 ground force on a planet they can produce 1 unit when building
what happens if they have more GF on a planet can they then also produce more units when building
or stil just 1 and need to get a tech to increase production.

The Arborec may produce 1 unit (piece of plastic) for each GF (Ground Force) they have in a system provided those GFs did not move during the activation. The GFs may produce 2 units each if the prerequisite racial tech has been researched.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS