Jump to content



Photo

Deck boxes?


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dvryan

dvryan

    Member

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

I realize the likely answer is 'no,' but does anyone know of any FFG plans to produce deck boxes to hold decks for Star Wars LCG?  I'm thinking along the lines of the old-school Magic: the Gathering deck boxes- ones that could accommodate 60-70ish cards, unsleeved.  I miss the style and convenience- it made it easy to store/transport ready-made decks. 

Along these lines, how do people store their (unsleeved) card decks at the moment? 



#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

    Toqtamish

  • Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

FFG makes deck boxes prizes for the LCGs so don't expect to see any made for sale. 

For deck boxes I use the ultra pro boxes. $2.00 at Dollarama. 

All of my unsleeved unused cards are in pocket pages in a binder organized by set number. 



#3 dvryan

dvryan

    Member

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for the note.  Doing some further research, I realize the term I should be using to describe what I mean is a "tuck box."  Apparently  many people make their own; an example is here for the X-wing game:

http://boardgamegeek...-wing-tuckboxes

And here (apparently) is a generator for custom tuckboxes:

http://tuckbox.gameupdates.com/

Has anyone made their own for Star Wars LCG? 

 

 



#4 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

    Member

  • Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

That is super neat! Many thanks for the post.


Welcome to the machine!


#5 Meaxe

Meaxe

    Member

  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

dvryan said:

 

Has anyone made their own for Star Wars LCG? 

 

 

 

I'm using those one found on BGG.  I can easily put my sleeved deck in them.  My objective are sleeved with colored premium sleeves and the rest of the deck is sleeved with Mayday non-premium sleeves.  There's still room in the tuck box, so I'm pretty sure you can fit a deck sleeved only with premium sleeves.

 

Just be sure to print it at 100%.  I've used Staples printing service for mine, using 100-lb paper.  It's pretty sturdy, been using this for more than a month.



#6 Darik

Darik

    Member

  • Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

FFG themselves make these hard plastic boxes:

http://www.fantasyfl...esem=2&esum=210

 

The little gray compartment underneath holds tokens of various kinds for Star Wars or Netrunner. I know a lot of people like them. 



#7 Hida77

Hida77

    Member

  • Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

Darik said:

FFG themselves make these hard plastic boxes:

http://www.fantasyfl...esem=2&esum=210

 

The little gray compartment underneath holds tokens of various kinds for Star Wars or Netrunner. I know a lot of people like them. 

Do you happen to know if the bottom compartment is big enough to fit the DS dial? If so, this may be just what I was looking for.  

I have a tray for all the other tokens, but the dial/force struggle marker are too big for it, thus leaving me looking for another alternative.


2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 1xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 1xDecimator


#8 Magnus Arcanis

Magnus Arcanis

    Member

  • Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hida77 said:

Darik said:

 

FFG themselves make these hard plastic boxes:

http://www.fantasyfl...esem=2&esum=210

 

The little gray compartment underneath holds tokens of various kinds for Star Wars or Netrunner. I know a lot of people like them. 

 

 

Do you happen to know if the bottom compartment is big enough to fit the DS dial? If so, this may be just what I was looking for.  

I have a tray for all the other tokens, but the dial/force struggle marker are too big for it, thus leaving me looking for another alternative.

Sadly, no. The DS dial doesn't quite fit in the token portion but theres enough room to slide it in with the rest of your dark side deck.



#9 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

    The Uncanny One

  • Members
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Have you seen these Ultra Pro Satin Tower Boxes? The bottom is big enough for the Force Token, Death Star Dial, plenty of tokens for the average game, and it will fit two, sleeved, 10-objective decks. It's the same price for one of the FFG boxes, but if you went the FFG route, you'd need two boxes, so this is cheaper by half. Plus, the satin finish on the outside looks very, very nice. I picked up a green one for when S&V gets fleshed out and I start playing it as my main affiliation.


"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku


#10 Hida77

Hida77

    Member

  • Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Budgernaut said:

Have you seen these Ultra Pro Satin Tower Boxes? The bottom is big enough for the Force Token, Death Star Dial, plenty of tokens for the average game, and it will fit two, sleeved, 10-objective decks. It's the same price for one of the FFG boxes, but if you went the FFG route, you'd need two boxes, so this is cheaper by half. Plus, the satin finish on the outside looks very, very nice. I picked up a green one for when S&V gets fleshed out and I start playing it as my main affiliation.

I hadnt, will definately do so.  I had some of the first gen ones when they were smaller (just sized for 1 deck and thats it), so I know how awesome they are.  If that fits the dial/struggle token and a deck or two thatd be perfect.  Thanks!


2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 1xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 1xDecimator


#11 DailyRich

DailyRich

    Member

  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

I purchased one of these from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B0041EV4GK

The two front compartments hold two full 10-objective set decks, with room on each side for the Force counter and the Death Star dial.  My cards aren't sleeved, but there appears to be enough room for sleeved cards as well.  The larger rear compartment holds two small bags containing enough damage, focus, and shield tokens for a game.  It's perfect to grab and go for tournaments.



#12 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

    Member

  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

I've made my own using a extra rulebook and a Magic box. Sure it looks a little bootleg, but it gets the job done

 

 



#13 Hida77

Hida77

    Member

  • Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

Hida77 said:

Budgernaut said:

 

Have you seen these Ultra Pro Satin Tower Boxes? The bottom is big enough for the Force Token, Death Star Dial, plenty of tokens for the average game, and it will fit two, sleeved, 10-objective decks. It's the same price for one of the FFG boxes, but if you went the FFG route, you'd need two boxes, so this is cheaper by half. Plus, the satin finish on the outside looks very, very nice. I picked up a green one for when S&V gets fleshed out and I start playing it as my main affiliation.

 

 

I hadnt, will definately do so.  I had some of the first gen ones when they were smaller (just sized for 1 deck and thats it), so I know how awesome they are.  If that fits the dial/struggle token and a deck or two thatd be perfect.  Thanks!

I went with 2 of these.  Went yesterday after it was suggested, and they work perfectly.  I already had a solution for the tokens otherwise (gogo tackle box), but the dial was too big to fit easily in with the other tokens, or felt like I was just wasting space for one dial.  Putting a deck pair in one tower box with the dial/token on the bottom covered all my needs.  I ended up getting 2 because I like to carry around 2 LS/DS decks.

Thanks Budgernaut, great suggestion!


2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 1xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 1xDecimator


#14 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

    The Uncanny One

  • Members
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

You're welcome! When I showed up at regionals, I had my whole core set box with all my cards in it. One kind soul showed me his deck box and all the cool things it does and I was sold. I bought one right before the tournament began and I've been quite pleased with it ever since.


"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku


#15 Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight

    Member

  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

 

Sack for tokens, binder for cards, plastic boxes or deckboxes for decks. "Unsleeved" is not an option. :-)






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS