Wave 3 Model Images

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

I took some pictures of the models in the case at the May 4th event.

From what I understand this is all we are going to get to see for a while.  The models are labeled as waiting on pending final approval.  I asked for access to be able to get images from other angles, and they can't take them out of the case.  No manuver dials or more data than has been posted in the release or program (all of which is online).

B-Wing:

B-Wing

Moldy Crow/HWK-290:

HWK-270

TIE Bomber:

Imperial Shuttle:

The rest of the set is here:

Lots of alternative angles on the full set of images.  There are game play images there as well (and some more to come later after I get home).

#2 Panic

Panic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

yeah,
Very Nice photos mate :)

I tried sharing them so the world could see (with credit to yourself) but the flicker'd links broke :( and people couldn't see them.
Flicker is also blocked at lots of work places…

I cut and paste them into groups and shared them via dakka dakka with credits to 'Hexis'.
I hope you don't mind.

Wave - 3

B-Wing

Lambda

Tie-Bomber

HWK - 290

Nice work!

Panic…

#3 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

FFG guys did all the work, I just took some pics.  ;)

#4 R2Dork

R2Dork

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Great pics! You said that the program is online, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Care to share a link?

Thanks!

#5 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

http://boardgamegeek...oldy-crow-tie-b

The cards and stuff are in that thread.

#6 R2Dork

R2Dork

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

I know I'm being greedy, but I was hoping somebody would actually scan the whole event program and put it up as a PDF. Thanks for that summary link on BGG though. :)

#7 Jaravak

Jaravak

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

http://www.miniature...=xwing preorder

Miniature market is using your images for their pre-order page. Not sure if you gave permission, but if not it's pretty lame.

#8 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Nice work there, so now i ask myself if the B-Wings special peg allows it to be flipped sidewards. Of course the cockpit wil not be spinnable sadly but it would still be a nice feature for the "flying cross" just like the shuttles movable wings.

#9 Jaravak

Jaravak

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

I plan on ordering an extra B-Wing and cutting the cockput at the cannopy and regluing it at an angle.

#10 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

Wouldn't be too hard to put a pin in the cockpit without gluing it so you could adjust the angle differently each time.

#11 Nalydd

Nalydd

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

3 of 4 of these are beautiful SW minis.  I love the fact the wings on the shuttle move (although a little pointless in combat).  The B-wing mount does lend itself to customised angles too.

But the HWK-290 is probably THE ugliest thing I have ever seen committed to plastic.  It looks like a child has drawn it and his younger sister has put together with stickle bricks (or thistle blocks).  How that monstrosity ever left anybody's drawing board is beyond me.

#12 Panic

Panic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

yeah,
Jaravak said:

http://www.miniature...=xwing preorder Miniature market is using your images for their pre-order page. Not sure if you gave permission, but if not it's pretty lame.

I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credits due, Hexis you should email them ask for something or request they remove them.
They should offer you a discount on a order or a couple of free ships or something!

Panic…

#13 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

Nalydd said:

3 of 4 of these are beautiful SW minis.  I love the fact the wings on the shuttle move (although a little pointless in combat).  The B-wing mount does lend itself to customised angles too.

But the HWK-290 is probably THE ugliest thing I have ever seen committed to plastic.  It looks like a child has drawn it and his younger sister has put together with stickle bricks (or thistle blocks).  How that monstrosity ever left anybody's drawing board is beyond me.

She may not look  like much, but she's got it where it counts!

Seriously, it's obvously a design to play to the limitations of the graphics in the original DARK FORCES computer game. I'm sure it was initially a compromise, but it became a standard.

Be seeing you.

#14 ForceM

ForceM

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

Jaravak said:

I plan on ordering an extra B-Wing and cutting the cockput at the cannopy and regluing it at an angle.

Now THAT's what i am talking about! I will definitely buy an extra B-Wing just to try it, for the case something goes wrong with the cutting or stuff.

Of course they could still make it a standard feature, i would even be willing to pay a little more than for other ships if this was standard on B-Wings. It would not be difficult really. I imagine a cross shaped peg end with a fitting hole in the B-Wings hull (instead of the standard triangular one) would already let us flip it by 90 degrees. Add a removable Cockpit with another cross shaped fixation and hole and the deal is sealed. Very simple and would allow for customizeable B-Wings that you can "lay down" in either direction. If it's a tight fit we would not even need to glue it!

#15 Jaravak

Jaravak

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

Panic said:

yeah,
Jaravak said:

http://www.miniature...=xwing preorder Miniature market is using your images for their pre-order page. Not sure if you gave permission, but if not it's pretty lame.

I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credits due, Hexis you should email them ask for something or request they remove them.
They should offer you a discount on a order or a couple of free ships or something!

Panic…

They made themselves a banner too

On another note, I think I'll magnatize the cockpit so I can change the rotation.

#16 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Nalydd said:

The HWK-290 is not ugly.

This:

is ugly. THIS looks like a 3 year old decided to glue together the smashed-up bits of several Star Wars toys and call it a "Super-Duper TIE Fighter". Sadly this was done by adults, who have no sense of design balance or style. It is not alone.

The HWK-290 kind of reminds me of Taiidan ships from Homeworld, which is a good thing. The mono-hull is accented by the engine blocks and under-hanging turret, and the unconventional window is distinct. None of these features are so large enough to appear comical, glued on, or half-assed like the examples above. The HWK is balanced, unique, and distinct with no part feeling over-exadurated. THe only complaint I have is the color, which I intend to change anyway when I get my hands on them (see Taiidan paint schemes).

The HWK-290 is not the worst design we can get by far, if FFG decides to scrape up the full gamut of Star Wars Lore.

#17 Jaravak

Jaravak

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

They really need to start drawing from some of the better ship designs. Like this one.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Buick

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS