• 204 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

what is the eta on wave 3?

#2 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Before FFG edited the teaser on the Star Wars event day page, it said a late summer release…..but they changed (edited) that real quick.

#3 DarkGuard

DarkGuard

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

so probably american Autumn?

#4 Sprolly G

Sprolly G

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'm hearing rumors of August, but that exactly what it is. A rumor..

#5 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Per FFG they said 3rd quarter of this year so July-September.

#6 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

zathras23 said:

that most likely means x-mas.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#7 bobbywhiskey

bobbywhiskey

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Seems like they would like to have it out for GenCon, and that seems to at least have been the original plan, but maybe that isn't feasible and it will pop up in the fall isntead.

#8 rowdyoctopus

rowdyoctopus

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

zathras23 said:

Unless they are referencing a fiscal calendar, which probably means around Christmas.  It depends.  Companies can basically have fiscal calendars start whenever they want.  I work for a major retailer.  Our fiscal year starts the first week of March every year.  So Q1 is March-May, Q2 is June-August, etc.

Anyhow, they did have "Not Final, Pending Licensor Approval" in front of all the models, but that doesn't mean the ships are not approved.  It just means that Lucas (or whoever working for him) has to approval the actual molds of the ships.  I don't know how long that process takes, but I would assume FFG is pretty confident if they are showing them to the public.  There is just the off chance they get asked to adjust something.

#9 wikkid_devil

wikkid_devil

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

The_Brown_Bomber said:

zathras23 said:

that most likely means x-mas.

#10 cert13

cert13

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

GenCon most likely then a month or two before it hits retail selves…

Wedge Antilles: The only character from the original series that appears in all three movies, has only one costume, and still manages to help destroy TWO Death Stars.

#11 RodTheCid

RodTheCid

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

I was curious about this so I checked the previous announcements/releases dates, so if they are consistent with what they’ve done in the past we should be expecting the release by October 2013. Check this info

Item Announcement Release
Core Game Aug. 2011 Sep. 2012
Wave 1 Apr. 2012 Sep. 2012
Wave 2 Sep. 2012 Feb. 2013
Wave 3 May. 2013  

This is not an exact theory, since Wave 2 was announced the same month as Wave 1 released, which doesn't match this last announcement, however I would like to think that the 3 month difference was more due to Disney buying Star Wars rights and all that it implies

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS