Bossk (S&V) from Edge of Darkness

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FiendishDevil

FiendishDevil

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Don't know why people weren't more excited for this. It was a subtle reveal, but wow it's a beefy character with targeted Character removal! Combined with Jabba's objective set and other capture objective sets, SV will have some massive control and card advantage. They will be a finesse deck with some toolbox cards! But they also have some beefy power. Jabba, Slave I, Boba are all huge cards. Slave I can sport FIVE objective blast icons. That's a one hit objective kill. STRONGER than Devastator in terms of objective killing power. Edge of Darkness is shaping up to be a massively game changing big box expansion. So excited!

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Probably not getting much chatter because allof tthese were revealed awhile ago and have already been discussed.

#3 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Plus, it is hard to speculate on an environment with so many unknowns. 

#4 FiendishDevil

FiendishDevil

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Kill joys…. :(

#5 Saej

Saej

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Bossk is indeed an interesting card.  Even without capturing a wookie, who wouldn't pay four resources to capture a beefed up Luke/Yoda?  (Depending on the situation.)

Slave 1 is good, but you better be playing a LOT of capture cards in order to take full advantage of it.  It can be done, but we will see.

Jabba is a nice character.  His power is cool, but I like his two Tactics icons better.  Five is a bit expensive, but I can see him being a good Turn 3 character.  Plus he can't be targeted by events?  Awesome.

Again, everyone has discussed these.  When Edge of Darkness comes out, we'll see how powerful these sets are in the meta.

#6 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

I think Bossk is ok but putting two focus on him is a big hit to your tempo. Bossk is not elite so you lose him the turn he comes into play, then two more turns after that and then you have worry about tactic icons completely locking him out. Sure, you probably took out a main CHARACTER but you just lost 3 turns yourself.  Another thing to realize is that it is characters only, so if vehicles become any more popular this guy isnt that good. 

Jabba's Reach will be a super sick objective if a few things happen

A. Capturing is super easy and you can put captured cards to this location.

B. It is easy to keep this objective in play 

C. You can move captured cards from the Jawa's objective. 

Multiples of Jabba's palace will be pretty good, especially if you can get multiple cards captured at them. I have high hopes for this objective but I am afraid that its going to be far worse than we hope.

I think Jabba is going to be better against vehicle decks more than Jedi/smuggler decks, thats not to say he will be bad against Jedi/smugglers, just that he will take far less damage on average against vehicle decks than character based decks.  I am anxious to see how good his ability will be, if they have some sick enhancements then Jabba will be so much better.

I think Slave 1 is going to be a little overhyped, but that depends on some things.

A. How easy is it to capture cards. We have already seen the Jawa objective so thats a possible automatic 2 captured cards.

B. How long you can keep those captured cards captured.

C. Can you move captured cards around 

Also, how easy will it be for the Scum to get to 5 resources and how will they fair in edge battles. 5 resources is a lot to spend on a 3 health unit that is not elite. Sure, you might blow up an objective with Slave 1 but will it survive the engagement. 

#7 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

Lack of the Elite keyword is my biggest concern so far from the S&V team. So far we have Jabba, Boba Fett, and Slave I, each with 3 Force icons. And yet, Fett is the only one with the Elite keyword. I think holding onto the Force is going to be a tad harder with S&V than the other DS factions. That, alone, may be reason enough to splash them with other factions.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS