Wave 3 Ships Announced!

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 mikerebby

mikerebby

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

New information available here! A lot of speculation was correct - and there's a nice suprise.

#2 Thunder_Chicken

Thunder_Chicken

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

I hope this is true!  Moldy Crow?!  I'm speechless and delighted!

#3 VisionVoid

VisionVoid

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

Huh, didn't see the Moldy Crow coming at all.

#4 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

To be honest, I've never even heard of the Moldy Crow, but then X-Wing is the only SW video game I've ever played.

#5 xanderf

xanderf

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

Gullwind said:

To be honest, I've never even heard of the Moldy Crow, but then X-Wing is the only SW video game I've ever played.

Wookieepedia article on the Moldy Crow

I think I see where FFG is coming from.  Both the Moldy Crow and Lambda are "transports" (new mission types?), and have roughly similar armaments.  According to Wookieepedia, the Moldy Crow has:
4x Dual laser cannons
1x Blaster cannon turret

…and the Lambda has:
4x Twin Taim & Bak KX5 laser cannons
1x Twin blaster cannon turret aft

#6 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

Interesting. Should be a lot of fun squad building now with such variety!

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#7 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

Yeah, I looked it up as soon as the announcement broke. I like how they worked Roark Garnet into the EU. I remember him from the original WEG RPG rulebook.

#8 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

Well, when can I start my pre-order? Two Tie/B, two B-wings, one of the others. I can't wait to start playing 400 point games :D

#9 esmolinski

esmolinski

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

Awesome choice for adding the Moldy Crow!

Hopefully the Lambda will have a military upgrade option to make it a ship that can shoot like the Firespray.

#10 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

Looks like TIE Bombrer and B-Wing are on small bases, and Lambda-class shuttle is on a large base (same a MF and S1).  I can't tell for sure about the HWK-290… looks like and guessing it is also on a large base, no?

Like the choice of the first 3 (especially TIE Bomber and B-Wing), don't have an assoication for the HWK-290.  But, I'm sure they will give it especially good stats if it is on a large base so people are motivated to buy one (or more) at the higher price point. 

If someone knows the base size, can you please confirm?  Thanks!

4 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  2 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  2 HWK-290

8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 2 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle

#11 executor

executor

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

hopefully they get fully approved.. they really have no good reason not too

anyways.. i can't wait to get my hands on a B-wing or 2.. also it's hard to tell due to the distances of the pictures and nothing really to relate size

but the B-wing appears to have a base size larger than the small (which the bomber looks to be), but smaller than the large bases.. could the rumors of a medium size base be true after all??

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 4 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's

#12 chrisrivers

chrisrivers

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

Most likely the Moldy Crow is on a large base since it is using the large ship pegs.

Chris

#13 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

@Chirs… good call.

@executor… I'm pretty sure the b-wing is on a standard base.  They do not look different to me.  What do others think?

4 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  2 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  2 HWK-290

8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 2 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle

#14 executor

executor

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

either way i'm happy… my only complaint is that they reset the angle of the B-wing to be at a 1 or 2 O'clock angle, as the straight up and down gives it a very plain look, and i think the angle would give it the style it needs to be the best looking new ship on the board.. but as it stands the shuttle will be

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 4 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's

#15 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

These are in fact the ships. The TIE Bomber and Bwing are on small bases, the Imperial Shuttle is on a large base, and I couldn't tell, and I have babysitting duty at the hotel til 1:30, so i can't go look at them. From what it looked like to me, and I may be wrong about this, it looked like the moldy crow was on a small base. The ship itself looked pretty small. But those who go onto wookiepedia can probably tell from the lengths what the scale will be to the others. I'll update later when I can, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

#16 Thunder_Chicken

Thunder_Chicken

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Moldy Crow looks like a small base to me as well, pegs just look big because the picture is taken up closer.  Note the size of the title cards.

I bet the pilots will be Kyle, Jan, Weegee, Freighter Captain.

#17 xanderf

xanderf

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

chrisrivers said:

Most likely the Moldy Crow is on a large base since it is using the large ship pegs.

Chris

Might want to look closer at that - Moldy Crow is DEFINITELY on a 'small' base.

Lambda (big base): http://swcommongroun...3/05/lambda.jpg

TIE Bomber (small base): http://swcommongroun...5/tiebomber.jpg

HWK-290: http://swcommongroun...3/05/hwk290.jpg

#18 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

Wookieepedia says the length of the Crow is 29 meters, so that puts it a little shorter than the Falcon, right? But it is definitely on a small base in the photos. Hmm.

#19 VisionVoid

VisionVoid

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

The Crow is on a large base.  The HWK-290 is 29 meters long.  The Lamba shuttle is 20 meters. They're both on large bases. It looks small because the angle doesn't show the length of the ship well as the perspective level is pretty much flat in the shot.

#20 xanderf

xanderf

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Here's an interesting thought…

Uses we've seen on-screen for the Lambda-class shuttle:

• Darth Vader's transport to the second Death Star, Palpatines's transport to the second Death Star (Empire)
  • Rebel commandos landing on the Forest Moon (Rebels)
  • [EU sources also have the Lambda-class shuttle used by both sides, including the "X-Wing" and "TIE Fighter" series of video games, in which that class of shuttle is just the standard shuttle used everywhere.  For budget and performance reasons, of course - the games initially shipped on floppy disks!  But, still…]

Owners that have been established for the Moldy Crow:

• Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors using it to get to/from missions in the 'Dark Forces' video games (Rebels)
  • Roark Garnet, generic smuggler template for the West End RPG (Rebels - well, smugglers, but smugglers are Rebels in FFG's "X-Wing")
  • Dace Bonearm and IG-72, BOUNTY HUNTERS! (Empire! - well, again, bounty hunters, but bounty hunters are Empire in FFG's "X-Wing")

How weird is that?  Both of these units have "canon" pilots that fly for either side!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS