Forger and forgery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JesterX

JesterX

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

What skill does a forger use to forge a document?  I don't seem to find something usefull on the character card…. :(

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

I would use coordination, skullduggery or Tradecraft.  Allow the player to specialize accordingly.

Here are the difficulties I'd use:

Forge a letter identically:  skullduggery or coordination (or education acquired)  2d to 4d

Forge a letter that changes what a person has written:  add education for certain:  +1 or +2 difficulty

Forge a badge of wood or metal:  Skullduggery or coordination or tradecraft (specialization forgery in whichever one the player has chosen): 1d to 4d

Create an engravers punch for a coin-press:  tradecraft, skullduggery or coordination (of course all the value is in the metal) 2d to 4d

Create a wood-cut for a copy of a signet ring for wax impressions:  skullduggery  1d to 3d

Create a duplicate of a painting - 3d to 5d (masterpiece)

Now, NIETHER education nor tradecraft are career skills, but would be invaluable to any character gaining them.  Education would be exceptionally important when attempting to change any written materials, otherwise you're dealing with mis-spelled words and the like while doing writing activities.

jh

~Typical Trappings: A forger often carries with him

or has easy access to the tools needed in order to
create fake documents, coins, and artwork. These
include items such as quills, paper, pots of paint, sets
of letters acquired from a print shop, coin dies, metal
ingots, and a magnifying glass.

#3 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yeah, Emirikol has some great stuff here. I don't disagree with anything he suggests. It is what I would suggest.

#4 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

To forge a document I would go for Skulduggery (Int) check. Remember though that a character needs Education to be able to read or write

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS