• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 faithxslayer

faithxslayer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

Hi all,

first of all forgive my english (writing all the way from italy).

My question is this: can a character use the spell enchant blade on the bane sword? and if so,  does the spell add +1 to the craft? 

Thank you all

Faith. Her name alone invokes awe. "Faith." A set of principles or beliefs upon which you're willing to devote your life. The Dark Slayer. A lethal combination of beauty, power, and death.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Well, it certainly should in no way add +1 Craft, because Enchant Blade says:

"Cast at the start of your turn. Place this card on one of your Weapons. The Weapon is now considered a Magic Object and adds an additional 1 to your Strength during battle."

I'd allow casting it on the Bane Sword, which would then give +1 Str in battle, +2 Craft in psychic combat against Spirits (note only Spirits, not every psychic combat). Bane Sword is a Weapon and as such, a legal target.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 faithxslayer

faithxslayer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

Dam said:

Well, it certainly should in no way add +1 Craft, because Enchant Blade says:

"Cast at the start of your turn. Place this card on one of your Weapons. The Weapon is now considered a Magic Object and adds an additional 1 to your Strength during battle."

I'd allow casting it on the Bane Sword, which would then give +1 Str in battle, +2 Craft in psychic combat against Spirits (note only Spirits, not every psychic combat). Bane Sword is a Weapon and as such, a legal target.

That makes sense.

In a sense the bane sword, with the spell active, becomes like the skull wand ( with of course the limitation in the psychic combat against the spirts).

Following this reasoning, I can use the spell on any weapon that adds craft and use it in combat as well as psychic combat.

Faith. Her name alone invokes awe. "Faith." A set of principles or beliefs upon which you're willing to devote your life. The Dark Slayer. A lethal combination of beauty, power, and death.

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Just be mindful not to do so with an Evil/Neutral Priest or Monk, since they cannot use weapons in battle (but can in psychic combat).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS