Focusing To Strike against No Targets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Colyer

Colyer

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Hey guys. Quick and, I imagine, easy question for you.

I'm wondering if you still need to focus a participating attacker or defender when there are no longer any targets to strike. I do know that you still focus to strike after the engaged objective is down and settle those strikes among the remaining participating units, but it feels odd to focus a unit to do nothing (although rewarding efficiency and punishing overkill does make a certain amount of sense.)

We've been playing it that you do focus all participating units as the only rule we could find said so. But it felt odd enough that clarification would help.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Yes all units must be focused in an engagement. 

#3 Unreal_Ed

Unreal_Ed

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Tag along question: If a unit only has edge-dependent combat icons and he didn't win the edge, does that unit still focus even tho he has no combat icons? (my read was that yes, participating unit always focus in an engagement)

#4 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

Yes, you always focus a participating unit to strike, even if it has edge icons it can't use.  Even if it has no icons (Threepio).

It might be more useful to think of the focus token as representing participating in the battle rather than doing damage.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS