What to buy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Astalon

Astalon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Just so I'm clear, it is best to buy 2 core sets and then 1 each of the expansions correct?

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Yes, except for Edge of Darkness of which you will also need to buy two to get a full playset.

Core: 2x
Force Packs: 1x
Edge of Darkness: 2x
Balance of the Force: ?

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 Astalon

Astalon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Ah okay so the box set expansiosns we will need 2 as well. Good to know.

Do we know when it gets released?

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Astalon said:

Ah okay so the box set expansiosns we will need 2 as well. Good to know.

Do we know when it gets released?

Tournament rules said May… the upcoming page seems to suggest that it will not be in May.

#5 cosman76

cosman76

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Ok, still new to the game, myself, basically just testing the core set decks against each other to get a feel for the game, got the chance to teach it a little to my nephew. Could somebody walk me through the need to by two of the big box sets for a complete set. I haven't even made it into the Hoth cycle yet, but im really looking forward to the edge of darkness set. Thanks in advance.

cos

#6 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Ok, still new to the game, myself, basically just testing the core set decks against each other to get a feel for the game, got the chance to teach it a little to my nephew. Could somebody walk me through the need to by two of the big box sets for a complete set. I haven't even made it into the Hoth cycle yet, but im really looking forward to the edge of darkness set. Thanks in advance.

cos

For the core set it is to get you a full playset of all objective sets. A lot of them you will want multiples of in a deck to help with consistency.

For the upcoming Edge of Darkness deluxe expansion you get one of each of 22 objective sets. Again you will want multiples of most in a deck so to get the maximum allowed per deck you will need to buy two.

Edited by Toqtamish, 04 July 2013 - 06:52 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS