Should Grotz have Speak Language (Ork)?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lula

lula

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

In the Gretchin stat block on Into the Storm p. 64, I notice that they haven't got a Speak Language skill. Nathan Dowdell has stated elsewhere that he recommends adding one talent or skill to each Grot to make him actually useful. Do I have to choose between giving my sidekick Medicae and being able to talk with him?

#2 Dark Bunny Lord

Dark Bunny Lord

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

lula said:

In the Gretchin stat block on Into the Storm p. 64, I notice that they haven't got a Speak Language skill. Nathan Dowdell has stated elsewhere that he recommends adding one talent or skill to each Grot to make him actually useful. Do I have to choose between giving my sidekick Medicae and being able to talk with him?

I doubt it, probably just a minor mistake. Also I don't really think they need anything, just give them some shoota's and you get a few extra shots in combat, I don't think they need a skill to be useful, they more than pay for the cost by having an (admittadly weak) ally that can blast off a few shots before dying in combat.

#3 Cpt. Harkonnen

Cpt. Harkonnen

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

There are plenty of examples of NPCs that do not have a Speak Language skill, all humans speak Low Gothic, and all Orks and Orky creatures speak Ork

Few Examples:

Bloodskinner, Core Book pg 370

Entertainer, Corebook 370

Hired Gun, Corebook 370

Scum, Corebook 371

Voidfarer, Corebook 371, its noted he speaks Voidcant

Oathsworn Body Guard, Corebook 372

And thats just the Corebook.

#4 lula

lula

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Thanks, that clears it up.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS