• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bayard91

Bayard91

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hello fellow GMs!

In my newly written mission, I have provided the ability to discover an STC fragment. However, I'm wondering how much renown I should reward the players who are still living when they discover it.

5-10 renown?

#2 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

I'd say that 10-15 sounds about right. They are after all not going to get credit with the discovery outside of the Deathwatch so a hero status is probably to much for them to earn right away.

#3 Avdnm

Avdnm

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

I'd say it depends on how they find it. If they stumble upon it without difficulties… less (to nothing?). I think finding a STC gives you a lot of publicity, but I think renown in the eye of a Deathwatch Space Marine takes more than that. Renown is for Space Marine stuff, you know, epic killing, fulfilling duty and such. Not for finding some tech, or at least not that much. But I think this may depend on the STC, too.

Have a look at the mission, at the difficulty etc. like for other missions. Then add a bit for epic STC and I think you're good.

#4 Avdnm

Avdnm

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Am I blind or is there no edit button for posts?

Just to make my point more obvious: If renown was about how a Tech Adept sees you, I'd say go for 50-100 ;) But in my opinion, it's a Deathwatch Space Marine view on you.

#5 Skyecaptain

Skyecaptain

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

Don´t know what a STC fragment is, but why not give them the same reknown was for a primary opjective: 1

???

BY ORDER OF HIS MOST HOLY MAJESTY

THE GOD-EMPEROR OF TERRA

Skyecaptain

#6 Captain Ventris

Captain Ventris

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

http://wh40k.lexican...ct#.UazIMZz4J8Q

STCs are a spectacularly, spectacularly important thing, such that even a fragment goes far beyond the primary objective of a Deathwatch mission. Finding an STC fragment is the type of thing that makes the Mechanicus hand you a free Strike Cruiser and a cluster of blood oaths. An STC fragment is why the Imperium has Land Raiders. They're a super big deal, which is why this discussion is going on.

And Avdnm: The Edit button dissapears after 20 minutes for who knows what reason.

#7 eldath

eldath

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

If you have access to the Ark of Lost Souls that states that an STC fragment is worth 10 renown to each character, access to elite advances for Peer (Adeptus Mechanicus) and Good Reputation (Adeptus Mechanicus) but with the renown reduced to D10 if the fragment is damaged in any way. Personally I also gave the team a Mastercrafted (almost Relic) gifted to them by the Mechanicus.

E

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS