• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Varikas

Varikas

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hi!

In my group we have an…interesting problem.

According to Oath of Honor, if a corridor 2x2 is bloqued by an ettin (for example) and the 2 spaces on the front of the ettin are ocuped by heroes, if the knight use Oath of Honor he could go to the back of the ettin, avoiding the blocking with a too easy strategy.

According to this, its imposible to block all heroes in the entrance with 2 gigants for example, cause if there is a knight, he use the oath of honor ability and inmediatly goes to the back of the gigants…

Also, its very easy to avoid block strategy of the OL in 3x3 corridors…For example, last day we play Castle of Daerion and the OL put 2 golems in the stairs. First player the necromancer, he puts his reanimate between both monsters and then, the knight use that skill to avoid the block and go back of the golems…after that he runs to get close to Sir Palamon and with defend it was so easy to the heroes…

This is absolutely legal according to Justin anwers but I think that it is too powerfull to be a basc skill and my OL have a big headache with our knight cause this teleportation…

Anybody have the same problem? avergonzado_alegre

#2 magicWALLIS

magicWALLIS

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

I'm pretty sure that if the nearest possible space is behind the monster, then the knight is legally alowed to 'teleport' there.

We came across the same situation in our gaming group and decided to house rule that you can't 'teleport' through monsters, as the 'teleport' is sort of a move action, and heroes cannot move through monster figures.

I'm sure you'll now get lots of replys saying that is not a legal way of interpreting that power, but it seems to make sense our group and doesn't appear to unbalance anything.

#3 Varikas

Varikas

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for the answer.

Justin confirm that it is a legal way to use the power, and he said that he didnt recive mails saying that it is unbalanced so thats why I put this post here, to know if people think that it is balanced, or to see if people had not thought about this way of use.

Thanks for the answer again and lets see what is the opinion of the forum…balanced or unbalanced? pensativo

#4 RagsMckay

RagsMckay

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

I do not see any issue with Oath of Honor being used this way. This is one class of character that has to buy this skill to use it and only works in certain circumstances. I find the crosbow to be much mor affective in releaving blockades. And with that weapon any hero can use it as long as the crosbow is in thier possesion.

I die...A lot.

#5 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Varikas said:

Thanks for the answer again and lets see what is the opinion of the forum…balanced or unbalanced? pensativo

There are so many factors that have an impact balance that answering such a question is near to impossible.
The answer would also be quite situational : the knight will have been able to "jump over" the monsters… but being isolated from the other heroes can be very dangerous. If the OL can KO him, he could be caught in a KO-stand up cycle, with the OL drawing a supplemental card at each KOing.
OTOH, the knight would be able to move further in the dungeon and - in the case of helping Sir Palamon, for an example - help win the quest…

All I would say is that players must take into account that possibility of "teleportation" and adapt.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#6 Varikas

Varikas

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Ok thank you very much for the answers, thats all that i want to hear reircomplice

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS