Master list of all skills, talents, spells, creatures actions etc etc - ? wip

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

exists or not? if yes - to what extension?

does anyone have excel file with any data?

i think its my time to come back to WFRP3 and do some cleaning ;-)

any help would be nice

#2 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

well…i guess that would be a major copyright issue.

to be able to access all "cards" in the game you would have to posess all the supplements. i do have all of em save for TEW. i would also find it very handy but that is the thing that is, for me, up to FFG to make it accessible for anyone who has bought the supplement and has a proof of purchase.

however, i recently scanned the whole creature vault with all actions that i have. comes in pretty handy but i don't know if FFG would be fine with me giving it to you…

i am wrking on scanning all the cards to make the game more portable. as i am playing in various places it is hard to always carry those 2 huge boxes filled with dices, cards, books, token, stand ups and stuff..

but in the end, it is the decision we made when we bought the game!

greetings

neph

#3 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

nephys, i`m guessing that you do not know me and my work with WFRP3 ;-)

I do own all WFRP3 products, but the only thing i`m talking is the list, like the one was done for creatures actions (avaliable for example on Gitzmans website). The list, without any text (avaliable for those that have books etc)

cheers!

#4 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

not trying to challange your interest, knowledge or possesion here ;)

but i might have really got ya wrong there. i know these lists and yes, in that case yor are right, there SHOULD be a list of all that.

but i think nobody ever went that far if gitzman hasn't (as it is, he is one of the most comitted guys i know, not cancelling out all the others on the forum who have done awesome work on making GM's live MUCH better & easier here)

as of my knowledge, a list like this does not exist.

if i wanted that (and i do want that), i think i would have to produce it myself.

if you'd tell me how you want it ill do it that way and forward it to you. i'll add you for now ;)

just tell me what you need and i can start 7 may and should be finished by 21 may, provided the mandaorty work at my work place allows it (i love airlines….so much free time with a PC and awesoeme equpiment :P)

#5 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

hahaha, indeed.

let us continue on PM here. what I want to do is indeed to prepare such list for us, players

we can catch up using email as well or BGG. this FFG forum is the most unfriendly tool for users I have ever seen. slow, not working at all, not user friendly

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

I'd like to use the list for randomization of NPCs.  

..and YES, it IS time for you to come back to WFRP!  :)

jh

#7 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

great, so the first thing we need is a list of what exactly we are looking for

talents, careers, skills, melee/range attacks, races……what else?

#8 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

if you want it for random creation what you need is:

• talents
  • orders
  • faiths
  • actions (only the NPC ones? as with the PC actions ill have a hard time gathering them all from my players)
  • what do you mean by skills? just the ordinary skill list like disciplince, weaponskill etc?
  • do we need careers? if yes, i guess the only way is to make it a list for every race and put in the careers in each it fits to

any other list? i recently brought my condition cards into alphabetical order…

we could have a list of

• conditions
  • diseases
  • mutations
  • severe wounds

do we want the creature cards to be in the list?

once i get home from work ill start with the obvious ones like talents etc

i guess ill put all in one excel file with various sheets if thats ok for all.

#9 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

so, i started.

finished on talents, this is what it looks like:

working on careers atm, doesnt look so beatiful, but with all columns having the same size you can, at least in excel, sort them by any column you want, so you can choose what you want, or just sort the list to something like "dwarf or any race" or "talent slot 1" or Trait 1 or whatever

i'll let you know when finished, but i still need your input on what you want to be in the list as well

#10 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Good stuff.  Which products are you missing.  I can probably help fill in the blanks.

You can also email me at

hafner.jay

gmail.com

#11 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

i have anything safe for TEW and some PODs. i have the birght order PoD, gonna have to check if i have any oder PoDs

gonna take me a while but as soon as im done oll let you guys know

Publish

#12 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Emirikol said:

Good stuff.  Which products are you missing.  I can probably help fill in the blanks.

You can also email me at

hafner.jay

gmail.com

we have it all ;-)

let Nep finish her work and I will fill the blanks and cut it so npc randomizer or whatever can be used with this file

#13 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

"almost" done. atm i'm archiving all actions, i am about 1 fourth in. so maybe ill finish today or tomorrow, then ill post here and you can email me for the file!

#14 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

ok, quick update:

as for demand, the list will now not be as beatifully printable, but, as it will be used for random creation anyways, more filterable where necessary

atm looks like that:

• a list of critical wounds and severe injuries, sortable by severity or alphabetically
  • a list of talents, ordered alphabetically by type
  • careers, filterable by Race 1, 2 or 3, Trait 1, 2, 3 or 4 and it states which talents can be socketed
  • a list of party sheets, alphabetically with traits listed
  • insanities, mutations, miscasts, etc are listed alphabetically with traits
  • actions, NPC and PC, will be filterable by type (melee, ranged etc), by trait 1, 2 or 3 and the necessary check is stated

do you also want the "society GM sheets" and all that? i got a whole bunch of these which i never use, but i could work them into the list.

how, if even, do you want "skills" to be listed? as they are already beautifully listed on our GM screen by gitzman, i don't know if you need em.
if so, just tell me how to incorporate them into the file.

anything else that MUST be in there?

greetings

neph

#15 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

Neph:

I'm impressed at the speed at which you have put this out :)

>>do you also want the "society GM sheets" and all that? i got a whole bunch of these which i never use, but i could work them into the list.

Yes.  I think these would be great not only for completeness, but now we can actually associate the use of a card into plots and whatnot.

>>how, if even, do you want "skills" to be listed? as they are already beautifully listed on our GM screen by gitzman, i don't know if you need em.
if so, just tell me how to incorporate them into the file.

Skills and then their specializations could be listed by career,but I still think they are more handy when listed alphabetically.  I suppose a sort function by career might be handy.

anything else that MUST be in there?

Career traits for completeness.  

You've got the Location cards listed as well right?

jh

#16 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

i am done so far with all PC actions that i have, i have the Birght Order PoD and the Faith of sigmar PoD. any other Pods and anything that is in TEW will not be listed as of now.

so, here is the final outcome:

as the list for careers was already finished, i wont really be able to sensefully incorporate the career skills, but i think for random creation it won't be that crucial. careers are sortable by name, races, traits and talents attachable.

GMs cards, such as critical wounds, insanities and so forth are listed alphabetically with trait if applicable

PC actions are sortable by name, type, traits and check

NPC actions are sortable by name, type, trait and used by (because i found the skill check not to be useful in the end…silly me after typing in 500 actions :P)

Creature Cards are sortable by name, type, traits, threat level and wounds

the rest is as discribed above, i did not do changes to talents and stuff

tomorrow i will complete the list i think, inculding locations, items and GM stuff like spreadsheets. i think i should be able to make it…

as soon as im finished i will send the whole file to skolo, as he has all the pods and TEW for an update and he might be able to get a decent random NPC creator and maybe something else out of it. i guess he'll keep us updated on that.

really happy i did the list, now i have a whole bunch of new ideas for adventures and even a real craving to finally be a player again, seeing all the awesome stuff you can do/become/aquire!

keeping ya updated here

greetings
neph

#17 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 4,799 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Cool.  I can't wait to see it :)

jh

#18 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

as nothing seems to be coming out of this..

i have the file at hand and anyne intrested in it just send me an email: patricia.weber@gmx.at

maybe you can have a use of it and i didnt do it for nothing :P

cheers

neph

#19 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

i think we were all waiting for forum improvement, cause every time I wanted to post something here (or even enter) I was waiting for ages. Now we can work with it all

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS
About Fantasy Flight Games
Professional Zone