Ship Combat and BS Tests

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cpt. Harkonnen

Cpt. Harkonnen

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

I looked for it here on the boards but could not find an answer, so sorry if this ahs been covered before. Do you use the Crew rating only or can I use my Player Characters BS to fire the ship weapons, including but not limited to Torpedos. 

#2 Iku Rex

Iku Rex

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

Yes, player characters (aka "Explorers") can perform Shooting Actions, and they use their own Ballistic Skill.

#3 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

Each player character can perform a single action during each turn of starship combat. As some of the actions available cannot be performed by NPC crews (this is covered in the expansion books i believe) it makes sense to let your crew cover mundane tasks such as manouvering the ship if no immediate stellar phenomena poses a threat and the players using their actions on things like focus augury, lock-on and shooting actions.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS