• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Old Ben

Old Ben

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

Rindel:

Does the effect text on used plot cards still effect cards in the game or is it only the revealed one that effects the game?

When a location you control says it effects X claim on a challenge does it effect both yours and your opponents i.e. Dorne

Ktom:

Rindel wrote:
Does the effect text on used plot cards still effect cards in the game or is it only the revealed one that effects the game?

Only the revealed plot text is "active" and can affect the game. Think of the "revealed" plot card as being "in play" and the "used" plot cards as being "out of play." Then it starts looking like any other card type, where removing a card from play means that it doesn't affect the game game anymore (unless it specifically says it can, of course).

Rindel wrote:
When a location you control says it effects X claim on a challenge does it effect both yours and your opponents i.e. Dorne

Depends on the location and the text. Some locations affect both players, some only affect one. Dorne, for instance, says "...raise the claim value on ALL revealed plot cards by 1...," so it affects every revealed plot card, regardless of whose they are.

Other cards say things like "...raise the claim value on YOUR revealed plot card by 1...," so they would only affect your plot.

Rindel:

Thanks for the help.

I was asking about plots as I was getting a bit confused with the Woodland Bandits card used as an example in the rulebook.

I then found and read the card and it makes sense now.

Ktom:

Yeah, that can get a little confusing.

Cards in play (or your revealed plot) can REFERENCE your used plots, similar to how a card effect might reference cards in your discard pile, but the used plots THEMSELVES do not do anything.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS