Edge of Darkeness & the decline of the Jedi Deck

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SlackerHacker

SlackerHacker

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

Seems to me with  SoSW and Edge of Darkeness added there is going to be a shift. S&V control is going to hammer Jedi decks. This is assuming that Jedi don't get help in the new sets.

You Boba out, all the capturing objectives and now they're going to get enhancement hate…ect.

Should be pertty interesting shift in most metas.

#2 st1200L

st1200L

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

An opening objective Jabba's Orders and opening hand Get Me Solo is so good.  I don't know what to play for light right now.  Any suggestions?

#3 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

st1200L said:

An opening objective Jabba's Orders and opening hand Get Me Solo is so good.  I don't know what to play for light right now.  Any suggestions?

Smugglers I think will be a good counter to Scum assuming they have a good mix of Vehicles and Characters in their faction. We've seen mostly characters so far but still lots to see for them. We've seen at least one ship so far and I suspect we will be seeing the Millenium Falcon in there too.

#4 FiendishDevil

FiendishDevil

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Toqtamish said:

st1200L said:

Smugglers I think will be a good counter to Scum assuming they have a good mix of Vehicles and Characters in their faction. We've seen mostly characters so far but still lots to see for them. We've seen at least one ship so far and I suspect we will be seeing the Millenium Falcon in there too.

Rebel vehicles counters smugglers. Boba got nothing on vehicle cards.

I've had some fun playing a hoth vehicle deck as well and it seems pretty strong. The unique snowspeeder with Wedge enhancement so strong together. I'm having a lot of fun with the hoth objective that forces enemies to play with 1st edge card revealed -- strong card advantage there.

#5 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

FiendishDevil said:

Toqtamish said:

st1200L said:

Rebel vehicles counters smugglers. Boba got nothing on vehicle cards.

I've had some fun playing a hoth vehicle deck as well and it seems pretty strong. The unique snowspeeder with Wedge enhancement so strong together. I'm having a lot of fun with the hoth objective that forces enemies to play with 1st edge card revealed -- strong card advantage there.

I think you meant counters Scum.  

I agree, the Rebel Vehicles deck got really nasty with the new neutral against most decks, not just the existing decks that use both Scum sets.  I havent tried the new Rebel set yet, I am struggling to find a deck I feel like it helps.  Honestly, you get plenty of shielding goodness from the new neutral.

I also agree, Rogue 3 is easily one of the most annoying turn 1 starts for LS right now.  Turn 1 Rogue 3 with basically anything (the new speeder in particular) feels almost like an auto-win for me lately, dont think I've had a game where I got it in the first 2 turns and lost.  Not saying its impossible to handle, but you have to be very prepared for it, and it can easily get out of hand if Wedge/Astromech/Repair Droid show up in support.

As far as "decline of the Jedi" I am going to disagree.  Jedi will get a set in next Force Pack, which will likely be the "new hotness".  The force packs so far have been very intersting in how they shake up what people are playing, I expect Jedi will be just fine.  Scum already needs to win edge to be effective, and if that remains the case I would expect Jedi will be fine, since they should have little trouble winning edge, and really the same can be said for Rebels with speeders as well, not to mention their plethora of vehicles.

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

X-Wing Ships:

5xX-wing, 4xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 4xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290

8xTIE/LN, 5xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/B, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda

#6 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

Bounty does look like it will be hard on Jedi.  I think we will see more counter cards, maybe even counter objectives come into play for jedi (damage this objective to cancel an event card). 

Right now we have a rock paper scissors setup which is kinda in flux because of the sweet new cards in Search fo skywalker.  Smuggler and Bounty hunters are wild cards right now the previewed cards seem really tough on Jedi but i think they will be = at capturing rebel stuff, there are some famous Pirate ship Thieves working for the empire in the Thrawn Trilligy who i think will pop up and put some ship capture into decks.  I mean in Utini can steal Wedge off a speeder, or take your echo base.

I think a cards like Blockade runner, and stinging insult will be game changing i mean forcing there charecter that is commited to the force to defend or even their duty officers or Motti, or Tarkin! i mean its insane!

Magni

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#7 SlackerHacker

SlackerHacker

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

Magni said:

Bounty does look like it will be hard on Jedi.  I think we will see more counter cards, maybe even counter objectives come into play for jedi (damage this objective to cancel an event card). 

Right now we have a rock paper scissors setup which is kinda in flux because of the sweet new cards in Search fo skywalker.  Smuggler and Bounty hunters are wild cards right now the previewed cards seem really tough on Jedi but i think they will be = at capturing rebel stuff, there are some famous Pirate ship Thieves working for the empire in the Thrawn Trilligy who i think will pop up and put some ship capture into decks.  I mean in Utini can steal Wedge off a speeder, or take your echo base.

I think a cards like Blockade runner, and stinging insult will be game changing i mean forcing there charecter that is commited to the force to defend or even their duty officers or Motti, or Tarkin! i mean its insane!

Magni

Does FFG have a licensem to all of the SW stuff (movies+expanded universe)?

There's a ton of material still to work with only the movies but if they have access to the books..ect, there could be almost unlimited material to work with.

#8 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

I've heard people say FFG has or doesn't have the license for this or that, but I haven't seen any sources. The fact is that we have art clearly depicting Mara Jade, and we have Ice Trompers whose first appearance was in Star Wars: The Old Republic. We also will soon have an Anzati Elite, and Anzati, if I'm not mistaken, are considered EU. I'm not saying anything about how far the license goes, but I'm convinced we'll see quite a few characters from the books before the game is done. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that we'll see Mith'raw'nuruodo (Thrawn) before the game dies since Mara was Zahn's creation, as was Thrawn. Now, an argument could be made that art that depicts Mara is a different licensing issue than a card named Mar Jade, but I wouldn't know about that since that's not my area of expertise.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS