• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Slavkov

Slavkov

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Greetings,

I'm bringing up a new group through the Schola Progenium and am trying to track down either storylines or adventures that occur about or within this much mentioned yet little detailed institution.

One of the characters as already experienced many of the hardships detailed in Steve Parker's excellent 'Survivor' from issue 9 of Hammer & Bolter but now it is time for these poor tykes to experience the full Drill Abbot/High Master experience.

Time to bathe in the unremitting joy of The Emperor's Light.

Any links or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Slav 

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

When I try to think of an adventure set in a school, the first thing that pops into my mind is the film Young Sherlock Holmes (1985). It would take some serious alteration to adapt to the 40Kverse, but that's not a bad thing: it reduces the chance of your players recognizing the source insperation…

#3 Slavkov

Slavkov

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Cheers for that. I had a look at the plot to refresh my memory and it is quite alterable. I look forward to a little tinkering. 

I am surprised at just how little I've found about the Schola Progenium Organisation apart from the odd bits in the FF books and *** bits about famous progenia on the net.

I would think there would be more considering the importance of these entites to the Imperium.

Perhaps it's a job for JK Rowling:)

Slav

#4 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

Slavkov said:

I am surprised at just how little I've found about the Schola Progenium Organisation apart from the odd bits in the FF books and *** bits about famous progenia on the net.
There is a description in the Codices (2E SoB and 2E/5E IG), as well as some more bits in the Inquisitor RPG. However, depending on how your party looks like, this material may not be of much use as GW studio fluff generally describes the Schola in a far more limiting and oppressive fashion than certain novels. The environment does have potential, but depending on what your players are looking for in a game it'd probably take some "incident" to actually make it playable by removing the class from the standard daily schedule and/or allowing progena of different sexes to interact with each other.

For inspiration, perhaps the movie "Before the Fall" (see trailer here) may be of use. It's about one of the infamous Nazi-German Napola (short for Nationalpolitische Erziehungsanstalt = Institute for National-Political Education) academies and basically tells the story of one student's life there. In my opinion, it's fairly close to a Schola Progenium, although the Schola is probably even worse when you think about it.

current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

#5 Slavkov

Slavkov

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

Cheers Lynata,

That's a great idea. I have the film on order now.

Slav

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS