• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Prior to the release of "search for skywalker", I had the following:

2x A Hero's Journey (Core)
2x In You Must Go (Core) 
2x A Journey to Dagobah (Core)
2x The Secret of Yavin 4 (Core)
1x A Message from Beyond (The Desolation of Hoth)
1x Hoth Operations (The Desolation of Hoth)

Want to replace A message from beyond and hoth operations with the following:

2x Preparation for Battle.. to take advantage of the shielding ability and protect luke and yoda.  Is it too much of a sacrafice though to give up the abilitiy from old bens spirit found in a message from beyond?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

XWing32 said:

Prior to the release of "search for skywalker", I had the following:

2x A Hero's Journey (Core)
2x In You Must Go (Core) 
2x A Journey to Dagobah (Core)
2x The Secret of Yavin 4 (Core)
1x A Message from Beyond (The Desolation of Hoth)
1x Hoth Operations (The Desolation of Hoth)

Want to replace A message from beyond and hoth operations with the following:

2x Preparation for Battle.. to take advantage of the shielding ability and protect luke and yoda.  Is it too much of a sacrafice though to give up the abilitiy from old bens spirit found in a message from beyond?

Well you definitely need to get rid of Hoth Operations… having only one Rebel Alliance objective makes playing the cards from it difficult, especially since you have to be using the Jedi affiliation card with A Journey to Dagobah in the deck.

Dropping Message from Beyond is a closer call, but probably will work out for you just fine.  Instead of Old Ben's Spirit you'll get some extra shielding, which isn't quite as useful but still functional.

#3 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Well you definitely need to get rid of Hoth Operations… having only one Rebel Alliance objective makes playing the cards from it difficult, especially since you have to be using the Jedi affiliation card with A Journey to Dagobah in the deck.

Dropping Message from Beyond is a closer call, but probably will work out for you just fine.  Instead of Old Ben's Spirit you'll get some extra shielding, which isn't quite as useful but still functional.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your suggestion in regard to getting rid of Hoth Operations.  With that being said, What if i kept message from beyond but replaced hoth operations with preparing for battle.  Either way I get either shielding or damage recovery..

#4 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

To add to my recent reply.. the one downside is that i would only have one of each objective for the last two…

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

XWing32 said:

I agree with your suggestion in regard to getting rid of Hoth Operations.  With that being said, What if i kept message from beyond but replaced hoth operations with preparing for battle.  Either way I get either shielding or damage recovery..

The argument for Prep for Battle over Message is based on having units vs not having units and the tactics icons and resources that come with them.  You could probably run it either way.

#6 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

True.. hmm well only way to find out if these works is for some in game exp =). Going to try with 2X prep for battle then 1 with prep for battle and 1 with message in a bottle .. see how that goes =). Just glad we are getting more choices now for building decks.

#7 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Old Ben's Spirit is a good defense against damage, but it doesn't stop you from getting locked by enemy tactics icons. Shields can block tactics, but it's a one-shot deal. After the shield is gone, you're vulnerable until the next time you can get a shield.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS