Question from a New GM (to Deathwatch)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Garisaan

Garisaan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hey everyone. I am currently on the verge of starting a new campaign (or at least a series of one offs) and am looking towards Deathwatch as my go to game. While the rules have changed somewhat with BC and OW, I'm not too keen on doing a lot of extra work with rules changes save for an errata. That being said, how have you handled some of the more unusual skills in your Deathwatch game? (Some of them come to mind: Gamble, Trade, Carouse, Performer, Wrangling) Most of the fluff is pretty self explanitory, but I cant readily see how some of these skills would apply to the Astartes, even in social situations. Maybe I am missing the boat. Any insight is welcome.

#2 TechVoid

TechVoid

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

I think the answer to yourself.

If some skill do not fit with your style of play, then simply drop them. :)

Cheers,

-- TechVoid.

#3 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Garisaan said:

…how have you handled some of the more unusual skills in your Deathwatch game? (Some of them come to mind: Gamble, Trade, Carouse, Performer, Wrangling) Most of the fluff is pretty self explanitory, but I cant readily see how some of these skills would apply to the Astartes, even in social situations. Maybe I am missing the boat. Any insight is welcome.

Those skills exist largely to add depth and character to PCs- they will rarely come up in the course of a typical mission.

-But never say never! For instance, you could have the Killteam supporting an Imperial Guard force that is opperating at reduced effeciency, due to a lack of supplies that has them on starvation rations. One of the PCs notices on the maps that there is an over-run grox ranch just inside enemy territory, inspiring the lone PC with Wrangling skill to attempt to rustle some grox and herd them back to the IG camp…

#4 Avdnm

Avdnm

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Carouse is easy done with Space Wolfes ;) Just give em some mead.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS